Report: Dan Radcliffe Attached to Remake of "All Quiet on the Western Front"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Edward
June 22, 2010, 07:23 PM

There is a report online this evening from Variety, which notes that Harry Potter actor Dan Radcliffe, has been attatched to the remake of the war-time film, "All Quiet on the Western Front."  The paper is reporting that Mr. Radcliffe will be playing the lead role of Paul Baumer in the film, which garnered the Best Picture statue in 1930 at the Academy Awards.  The report continues:

Producing duo Ian Stokell and Lesley Paterson wrote the script and will produce through their Sliding Down Rainbows Entertainment production shingle.
Says Stokell, "Daniel brings a vulnerability and innocence to Paul. When we realized how much he loved the script we were really excited because we know he can tap into the delicate balance between intensity and believability that is critical for this demanding role."
Production on "All Quiet on the Western Front" is slated to being in the spring of 2012.

While this is indeed exciting news, Leaky is working to confirm the story with reps for Mr. Radcliffe and will bring you more info when we have it.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Happy_thumb

Good luck, Dan!

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on June 23, 2010, 02:09 AM report to moderator
Img_3143_thumb

Okay this is great for Dan! cant wait to see him in something fresh :D
Also, HP remakes will never happen, and if they did, they could never match the originals

Posted by HufflepuffKiwi on June 23, 2010, 03:38 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Yay for Dan! :) Good luck!

btw, on HP remakes, judging by the amount of money HP rakes in, they probably will happen, but not for about 50 years or so.

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on June 23, 2010, 05:03 AM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Emmaria on June 23, 2010, 05:52 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Awesome, Dan!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 23, 2010, 06:23 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I think Dan will do very well in this role. He was so amazing in “My Boy Jack.”

Posted by Lillylove on June 23, 2010, 08:07 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

A very grim book though — Dan will be excellent.

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 23, 2010, 08:14 AM report to moderator

An amendment to the comment I made yesterday:

I’m not so sure this is a re-make of a film as much as a
re-adaptation of a book.

I just wish Dan would do another film ..of some kind .. before he
does the play HOW2$ next year.

Posted by Jeannine on June 23, 2010, 09:11 AM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

I’m glad he’s getting work! Many of these child actors only work on the movie that made them stars and once they’re done they fall off the face of the earth.

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on June 23, 2010, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

i never read the book, but if dan is playing i’ll read it

Posted by Ness95 on June 23, 2010, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Good luck and congrats! I’m sure you’ll do great!

Posted by Jacket on June 23, 2010, 11:35 AM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

How wonderful for Dan! I knew he would have no trouble finding acting roles post Potter. We are going to see a lot of him for many, many years. I think Dan will be perfect for this role. I remember him from My Boy Jack. I remember watching that movie and the end was so sad, I remember crying and feeling so depressed. But on a good note, Dan did his job and did it brilliantly! He made his character believable and brought the movie to life. I wish him the very best with all his new projects!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 23, 2010, 12:09 PM report to moderator

I remembered this film as a silent film. However, checking on it, I see that there was a silent and a non-silent version. Since it was made in 1930, a lot of theaters hadn’t been converted for sound. As far as remakes go, this isn’t a movie that most people have even seen, so I don’t think that too many people will have a basis for comparison. Those who are students of film may, but it could be a very interesting discussion.

Posted by znachki on June 23, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

yay! i always love to see dan in films, he’s pretty talented for only really playing Harry for the past 10 years, i know he’s been in a few other things but still glad to see dan will still be getting roles :)

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on June 23, 2010, 12:58 PM report to moderator

He was wonderful in “My Boy Jack” maybe that is why the script was offered to him. He is an excellent actor and his range is improving all the time. Consider the mega leap between Equis and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, abject drama to singing and comedy. Now there is a stretch and he will be wonderful. However they rewrite the script one would hope they stick to the period of the piece.

Posted by hewy on June 23, 2010, 01:01 PM report to moderator

"Help me, Harry," he muttered, pulling a roll of Muggle money from his pocket and starting to peel the notes apart. "This one's a -- a -- a ten? Ah yes, I see the little number on it now... So this is a five?"[br]"A twenty," Harry corrected him in an unde