Dan Radcliffe on Filming Snape's Memory Scenes for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
June 21, 2010, 03:00 PM

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has given a new interview to MTV News which took place as he took MTV on a tour of Hogwarts Castle at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Reminiscing about filming "Chamber of Secrets" as Radcliffe and MTV looked around Dumbledore's office, the actor also spoke briefly about filming the "Deathly Hallows" scene in which Snape's memories are revealed to Harry:

"One of the key scenes in the series happens in this room, where towards the end of ['Deathly Hallows'], Harry learns something about Snape's past in relation to him, and that takes place in this room. In fact, actually, it takes place pretty much here," he said, motioning to where he was standing. "And that is kind of pretty much possibly the key scene in the series, you might say. There's a certain argument for that."
Radcliffe talks about the real life stars of the talking portraits in the gallery ("many of the crew, and also his father") and the possibility of revisiting Hogwarts with children of his own in the full article, which you can find at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hl002-1allinye_thumb

Ya! I’m so very glad these scenes are going to be in the movie.

Posted by jedisakora on June 23, 2010, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

this scene is going to make me cry really hard!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on June 23, 2010, 03:33 PM report to moderator
06_thumb

so love alan rickman! happ to see that his memories would be showed in the movie :)

Posted by SevSnape on June 24, 2010, 07:21 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Snape’s memory part in the movies better blow me away or… I don’t even know

Posted by Slytherin Boy 2010 on June 24, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Foxinsnow_thumb

I am so afraid they will cut some of the intricacies of this chapter out! I hope they include all the key points!

Posted by michellehem on June 25, 2010, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

I was very disappointed when the 5th film came up and all they showed was that memory from Harry’s father picking on Snape… I really hope they show more this time!!!

Posted by Madam Snape on June 25, 2010, 01:39 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I really hope they’re going to show all the memories that are in the book. The chapter with the memories and the next one, where Harry walks to his death are (i think) the most important parts and need to be given the attention they deserve, those last few chapters were J.K.R ’s most beautiful and greatest pieces of writing, and in the entire series, they are my favourite.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on June 25, 2010, 09:23 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I can’t wait to see this scene.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on June 26, 2010, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

i hope the memories are not cut. they are really interesting

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 28, 2010, 08:17 AM report to moderator
Me__thumb

They proper had to have that senn though; It helps all the story so you understand why Snape seemed to hate Harry, Whe really Harry just reminded Snape of lilly :’(

Posted by WitJess^^ on June 28, 2010, 08:18 AM report to moderator
Wallpaper_ada_wong_02_thumb

Can’t wait for the Snape scene!The Prince’s Tale is one of my favourite chapters in the whole series.

Posted by minishiva on June 30, 2010, 12:57 PM report to moderator
74133_10150336666110641_686940640_15761513_6440975_n_thumb

Even though I adore this chapter I was thinking it would go the way of Merope’s story, gone with minimal explanation. However, after Part I I have new expectations. Crossing fingers Please, please, please WB don’t mess this up.

Posted by biblegirl on April 10, 2011, 11:59 PM report to moderator

"Nice big smile, Harry," said Lockhart, through his own gleaming teeth. "Together, you and I are worth the front page."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014