Dan Radcliffe on Filming Snape's Memory Scenes for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
June 21, 2010, 03:00 PM

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has given a new interview to MTV News which took place as he took MTV on a tour of Hogwarts Castle at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Reminiscing about filming "Chamber of Secrets" as Radcliffe and MTV looked around Dumbledore's office, the actor also spoke briefly about filming the "Deathly Hallows" scene in which Snape's memories are revealed to Harry:

"One of the key scenes in the series happens in this room, where towards the end of ['Deathly Hallows'], Harry learns something about Snape's past in relation to him, and that takes place in this room. In fact, actually, it takes place pretty much here," he said, motioning to where he was standing. "And that is kind of pretty much possibly the key scene in the series, you might say. There's a certain argument for that."
Radcliffe talks about the real life stars of the talking portraits in the gallery ("many of the crew, and also his father") and the possibility of revisiting Hogwarts with children of his own in the full article, which you can find at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

3667972_thumb

That was definitely the key scene! IT’s where everything was explained. I just hope they portrayed it well in the movies

Posted by har1020 on June 21, 2010, 09:38 PM report to moderator
3667972_thumb

Posted by har1020 on June 21, 2010, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

I love that he really seems to get the books. And the rest of those MTV videos – oh my gosh – Dan Radcliffe is just the cutest thing ever (in a cute kid kind of way – I’m too old to mean it any other way).

Posted by sueml on June 21, 2010, 10:42 PM report to moderator
475968_thumb

This was a great interview – I also watched the raw footage from the interview – which is well worth watching – as Dan mentions PPP in the fourth clip! I’m not going to give it away…

Posted by TarsieS (FTC) on June 21, 2010, 10:53 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I’m glad Dan recognizes those memories as being pivotal to the series. At least he’s read the books, unlike that darn Michael Gambon!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on June 21, 2010, 11:03 PM report to moderator
Lunagreen_thumb

i’m tearing up already thinking about it )`: It was a perfect scene when I read it. I always believed in Snape and was so glad that Jo gave him vindication. I too cannot wait to see Rickman and Radcliffe play the scene out.

Posted by Flora Lovegood {<3WBM<3} on June 21, 2010, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

That’s quite brill really…

Posted by Won_Two on June 22, 2010, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

My heart’s exploding!

Posted by devilskinn on June 22, 2010, 02:48 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Brillant!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 22, 2010, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

That’s the scene I’m most looking forward to see!

Posted by DarthWeetzie on June 22, 2010, 05:23 AM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

Phew, they are including them. Fingers crossed they include most of the memories.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on June 22, 2010, 07:38 AM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

One: They better put a ALL the memories in there, including the doe scene and young Lily, Snape, and James

Two: It better be flipping awesome and make me cry like in the books because this chapter in my book was my favorite of DH.

Three: They better have these 3 works: “Look at me” since they left out my line in HBP “Don’t Call me a Coward.”

Since they didn’t let me write the script for DH they better incorporate these things to make me happy.

Posted by Brianna on June 22, 2010, 08:26 AM report to moderator
Image

That’s awesome that is kinda like me

Posted by magicmaniac on June 22, 2010, 11:29 AM report to moderator

I was going to be mad if they didn’t put this in the movie. I’m so looking forward to this scene so i’m really happy!

Posted by 9em on June 22, 2010, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Flitwick_thumb

This chapter has to be my favourite in all of the 7 books and so I really hope they do it well in the movies. I hope they get all the scenes in as they’re all really important. Just one though… will they make Michael Gambon look like Harris’ Dumbledore if they include the bit about Quirrel. If they don’t, I’d be really disappointed (Or they may leave it out so not to complicate things). Just hope it turns out OK! Please.

Posted by JoeWorthy on June 22, 2010, 11:52 AM report to moderator

Harry knew, somehow, what to do. He leaned forward and grasped the broom tightly in both hands, and it shot toward Malfoy like a javelin. Malfoy only just got out of the way in time; Harry made a sharp about-face and held the broom steady. A few people