Dan Radcliffe on Filming Snape's Memory Scenes for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
June 21, 2010, 03:00 PM

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has given a new interview to MTV News which took place as he took MTV on a tour of Hogwarts Castle at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Reminiscing about filming "Chamber of Secrets" as Radcliffe and MTV looked around Dumbledore's office, the actor also spoke briefly about filming the "Deathly Hallows" scene in which Snape's memories are revealed to Harry:

"One of the key scenes in the series happens in this room, where towards the end of ['Deathly Hallows'], Harry learns something about Snape's past in relation to him, and that takes place in this room. In fact, actually, it takes place pretty much here," he said, motioning to where he was standing. "And that is kind of pretty much possibly the key scene in the series, you might say. There's a certain argument for that."
Radcliffe talks about the real life stars of the talking portraits in the gallery ("many of the crew, and also his father") and the possibility of revisiting Hogwarts with children of his own in the full article, which you can find at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Me_aveclechapeaud_aretha_thumb

I’m glad that they’re keeping The Prince’s Tale. I hope Lily is amazing.

Posted by accio_salmon on June 21, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator

Ok, so Snape’s memories are all important: they all have some piece of information. My worry is that they wont get them all in there, and they’re all important, but I guess I’m okay if they don’t put them in there, because movies cant have everything in them, otherwise they’d be like, 9 hours long!

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on June 21, 2010, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I can’t wait to see Snape’s memories in DH! Those scenes are so important and express so much key information… I hope they did those right. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 21, 2010, 05:27 PM report to moderator
African_servil_thumb

I agree with S.B.Schwale that they did a horrible job with ’Snape’s Worst Memory’, here’s to hoping that they actually include more of it for this go around. I know in the book Harry doesn’t watch it because he already knows what happens, but it would be a great chance for them to redeem themselves and actually show it un-butchered.

Posted by Mrs. Longbottom on June 21, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

YES!!! They’re including it!!

Posted by Nwrosey on June 21, 2010, 05:46 PM report to moderator

that is going to be an amazing scene! i can’t wait to see it

Posted by WolfyWizard on June 21, 2010, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Snape, I always trusted you. Alan Rickman, marry me.

Gryffcutie_thumb

I already saw that interview video and it just makes me all that much more intrigued to see Deathly Hallows. The scene that Dan was talking about finally let us know the true Snape – that he loved Lily even after all these years and all this time, even though he was horrible to him, he really was protecting Harry.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 21, 2010, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

DAN is the man

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 21, 2010, 08:23 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

yay! i was scared that they wouldn’t put the prince’s tale in but they did :]] its one of my favorite parts of dh! this is so sad its all coming to an end :’(

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on June 21, 2010, 08:33 PM report to moderator

Honestly, I’m terrified of how much they’re undoubtedly going to mess up The Prince’s Tale. I really want to see little kid Snape and Lily, but I don’t think we will. I think they’ll just show a couple scenes of them at school and then a couple scenes with Snape and Dumbledore and that’s it. Oh how I wish they could make a whole movie of just TPT.

Posted by badger666 on June 21, 2010, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Which one is his father?

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 21, 2010, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

“That was kind of pretty much possibly…” That was one of the most painful sentences I’ve ever read – and I’ve read the Twilight series so that’s really saying something.

Posted by DeliaDee on June 21, 2010, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

snape’s memory is good

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on June 21, 2010, 09:35 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

snape’s memory is good

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on June 21, 2010, 09:35 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

[i]"A study of Hogwarts prefects and their later careers,"[/i] Ron read aloud off the back cover. "That sounds [i]fascinating[/i]...."[br]"Go away," Percy snapped.