Vote for the Harry Potter Alliance in the Chase Community Giving Challenge

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 20, 2010, 03:21 PM

Our friends at the Harry Potter Alliance are currently in the running for the Chase Community Giving Challenge, an effort which allows people from around the world to help allocate $5 million to hundreds of thousands of charities around the country. The HPA is in the running for the $250,000 prize, which will be awarded to the charity which receives the most votes right here.

With those funds, the HPA websites notes that the charity will be able to, "improve Literacy, LGBT Rights, AND build an Online Coalition of Fandoms, Youtube Communities, and Organizations. No one has ever before brought communities like these together and the one time we have, we raised over $123,000 for Haiti. Human rights and fighting global warming continue to lack the kind of energy and enthusiasm that we will bring to the table. Ready to see a game changer in the world of social activism? If we win the $250,000 prepare to see a massive shift!"

Voting, which takes no more than thirty seconds, is open now and runs through July 12th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Bneerhsg_thumb

First! thats cool! :]

Posted by AlecsWeasley on June 20, 2010, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Hpaftwtwitter_thumb

HPAFTW!!! Woohoo! I voted! Let’s all vote! :)

Posted by Overcast on June 20, 2010, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Pagelogo_thumb

HPAFTW!!

Posted by augusteyes on June 20, 2010, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

I voted days ago!:P and i tweeted it…..and fb’d it….i need more ways to get the word around:P

Posted by ProfessorAlice on June 20, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I never knew about this, but now that I do…I so will!

Images_thumb

I’ll vote now. Go HPA!

Posted by IloveDobby on June 20, 2010, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I voted days ago too when HPA invited me to on Facebook! I tweeted it and shared it on Facebook too so let’s spread some HPA love everyone! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 20, 2010, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

To HPA!!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on June 21, 2010, 06:43 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Voted!!!!

Posted by Pollytomat on June 21, 2010, 09:34 AM report to moderator

"...it would be quite nice if you stopped jumping down Ron's and my throats, Harry, because if you haven't noticed, we're on your side."