Video of Harry Potter Cast, J. K. Rowling at Wizarding World Released

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 20, 2010, 12:11 AM

Universal Orlando has released a short video featuring actors from the Harry Potter films along with author J. K. Rowling touring the many different aspects of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.  Available to view via this link or below, the video features actors Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Tom Felton,    and Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling making their way around such places as Hogsmeade, Zonkos, the Hog's Head Pub, and more.

The Harry Potter author is shown being taken around the streets of Hogsmeade, and looking to shop windows along avenue.  In regards to the park, J. K. Rowling notes that, "I'm used to walking onto film sets, where at a certain point everything dissolves into scaffolding and lighting, so, I suppose, the completeness of the vision is most breathtaking."

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resorts is open now.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Epjpegutil31_thumb

Congratulations to Jo for the vision she had of all this, and for the 7 books too! I hope she had a wonderful time! Itsure seems like Dan, Rupert, Tom and Matthew did!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 20, 2010, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Omg that was amazing. I want to go there so bad, better start saving the pennys! Love JK as much as ever :D Must be incredible to see the world you created bought to life infront of you, crazy.

Posted by spiritbound on June 20, 2010, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Did Dan say “This is really f___ing good” after he drank some b-beer, or am I imaging things?

Awesome intro to the world. Must have been SUPER exciting for everyone: the avid fans (especially the kids, because I believe children have a magical Moody eye installed in their souls…only the lucky ones hang onto it), and Jo, too. She really is stunning! I love hearing her speak. Melissa is right, we don’t hear from her as often as we’d like. Love her!

I feel an overwhelming sense of “the next chapter”…perhaps this is the beginning of the fandom truly broadening, and the depth of the canon revealing ALL of itself?! Hello Scottish Book, WWoHP, the novels, and films, oh, and the fandom…what else can we ask for?

Posted by Smitch on June 20, 2010, 08:52 PM report to moderator
Me_chris_snap_thumb

I wish I could have been there but I’m looking forward to going next year. Maybe along with volunteering for LeakyCon 2011.

Posted by Vineeth Thomas on June 21, 2010, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

I WAS THERE AND IT WAS EPIC!!!!!! :)

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on June 21, 2010, 12:19 PM report to moderator

just went on friday. and luckily i knew someone who had an executive pass so we skipped all the ridiculous lines. i really wouldn’t have gone unless i got in free and could skip the lines. it was insane. i’m definitely waiting at least til winter to go again. hopefully it will have died down enough by then. anyway, the new ride that’s inside the hogwarts castle is pretty awesome

Posted by noxiousCaitSith on June 21, 2010, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_deathly_hallows_part_2_london_premier_263_thumb

I can’t wait to go :D
This just puts the cherry on the cake for Harry Potter !!

Posted by meggers-evans-potter on June 21, 2010, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it!! That’s all I have to say!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 21, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

Hpdh_thumb

amazing coverage

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 21, 2010, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

OMG! its so great to hear Jo finally say something about it!!!! AND BE THERE!!!! I can just imagine what this is like for her! I REALLY WANT TO GO!!! i actually wanted to be there to see everyone, but that didnt happen!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on June 21, 2010, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Quite a cool bit of work…

Posted by Won_Two on June 22, 2010, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thats terrific awesome. i just cant wait to go there

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 22, 2010, 03:01 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thats terrific awesome. i just cant wait to go there

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 22, 2010, 03:02 AM report to moderator
Th_dh_thumb

OHMIGOSH. The best place in the WORLD. Sucks that I dont even live on the same continent, and I’m skint. Baaaaaahhh, want to go:’(

Posted by Pixie :) on June 22, 2010, 03:06 AM report to moderator

"And as for Potter... My father says it's a matter of time before the Ministry has him carted off to St. Mungo's... apparently they've got a special ward for people whose brains have been addled by magic..."[br]Malfoy made a grotesque face, his mouth sagg