Actors in the News Weekly Roundup

HP Cast
Posted by: Rosi
June 20, 2010, 08:07 PM

Despite this week's opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, actors from the Harry Potter films have nonetheless featured in the news talking about future projects and plans.

Firstly, BBC Newsbeat spoke to Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) about celebrities visiting Leavesden Studios and the recently released film "Wild Target," in which Grint stars alongside Bill Nighy (Rufus Scrimgeour). Asked whether he had taken any souvenirs from the Harry Potter set, Grint replied:

I took the golden egg that was in the fourth film - a dragon egg. Apparently it was worth a few thousand dollars. I put it in a pillowcase, it was with James Oliver [sic], it was a joint effort. But they tracked it down and got it off us.
You can read the full article on the BBC website at this link.

Thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net, we can also tell you about a new interview LoveFilm.com conducted with Grint at the "Wild Target" press junket. Interspersed between clips of the film, the actor discusses his character, the appeal of the role and working with big names in the film industry. You can watch a video of the interview via this link; an additional LoveFilm interview with Bill Nighy can be found on the LoveFilm YouTube channel at this link in which the Rufus Scrimgeour actor talks about his co-stars and how "Wild Target" came together.

The Sun interviewed Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) about his experience on the Harry Potter films, which, Felton says, "has been like ten years of [acting] lessons." Felton also mentioned that the actors "talked about it but all wimped out" of getting Harry Potter related tattoos and played at guessing where everyone would be in five years time. "I'm a keen musician, so apparently I'm going to be doing Harry Potter The Musical," said Felton. You can find the interview on The Sun website.

Domhnall Gleeson (Bill Weasley) gave an interview to Irish Central in which he spoke about his last day of filming Potter ("a battle scene so there wasn’t a huge amount of character work") and his newly shot short film, "Noreen," which will be shown at the Palm Springs film festival. Gleeson both wrote and directed "Noreen," which stars both father Brendan Gleeson ("Mad-Eye" Moody) and Domhnall's brother, Brian. "I did worry about being the ‘little Gleeson’ – I’m sure if my dad was a carpenter and I wanted to go down that route too it would be the same thing," says Domhnall, "But I’m well over that now though." Read the full interview at this link.

Entertainment industry website The Wrap has received confirmation from Warner Bros. that Clémence Poésy (Fleur Delacour) will guest star in the next series of "Gossip Girl." The studio would not give away any details about Poésy's character or in how many episodes the actress would star; read more at The Wrap.

Lastly, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) told Access Hollywood that he would "absolutely" consider appearing on television programme "Glee" if he were asked. "[It’s] an amazing show," said Radcliffe, "and I [would] obviously be honoured to be asked [...] But, I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet. They’ve got standards like Kristin Chenoweth!” The actor also briefly talks about his role in the 2011 revival of "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying"; you can read the article here on the Access Hollywood website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Wand_thumb

Whew! They have been busy!! Ha funny about Rupert and the golden egg!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 20, 2010, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Nice to hear what they’ve got to say about themselves. I wonder what Emma’s up to?

Posted by Smitch on June 20, 2010, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I love how Tom said he’ll probably be doing Harry Potter The Musical… he should totally be in AVPS!! haha Love the little story about the golden egg from Rupert too. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 20, 2010, 10:50 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I hope they read the story or movie scripts before deciding to take on a role. Some people may only want them for their name only – but the film may be a flop. I hope they will be happy in whatever they do and that they’ll mostly spend wisely.

Posted by molly43 on June 20, 2010, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Nice to hear what they’ve got to say about themselves.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 21, 2010, 04:15 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

This has been the best week for not only Harry Potter news but getting to see all the actors.

Posted by LunaLuver on June 21, 2010, 05:05 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

S’too bad you and Oliver got caught nickin’ the egg. Nice try though.

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on June 21, 2010, 06:45 AM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

Lol that is too funny that Rupert got caught takeing the golden egg, he must of love that egg lol.

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on June 21, 2010, 08:01 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

WOW! A lot of news! Yeah!!!! Tom should do HP musical!!!! :) Would have been awesome! Daniel Radcliffe in ‘Glee’… Sounds impossible. But 5 years ago we couldn’t imagine that there would be an HP theme park and now it’s already opened)))

Posted by Pollytomat on June 21, 2010, 09:29 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

lol … Dan starring in Glee would be way cool. Yeah I wonder where they will all be five years from now. I guess they’ll be working in movies or theater.

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 21, 2010, 09:40 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I can just see Rupert trying to get that egg out – I’ll bet they’ve all got a piece or two hidden away!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 21, 2010, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Harryhedwig_thumb

I believe that Emma Watson was not at the WWoHP opening night (please let me know if I’m wrong). If she wasn’t, does anyone know why? It seems weird that the trio wouldn’t be there together.

Posted by LunaSpecs on June 21, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

haha Rupert trying to steal the egg :)

Posted by IloveDobby on June 21, 2010, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

These young actors have done really well so far, and I wish them all the best in the future. It is kind of neat that the Phelps brothers really are the practical jokers.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 21, 2010, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

Oh my gosh so much news! I think the actors should be able to take whatever they want from the set! After all, they earned it! Those kids have lived half their lives for Harry Potter. Oh yes, and if Dan appears on an episode of Glee, I will definitely be watching!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 21, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator

"I must go back to the feast, Minerva, I've got to give out a few notices. Come, Severus, there's a delicious-looking custard tart I want to sample --"