First Images of Life and Lies, and History of Magic Props from "Deathly Hallows" Film

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 02, 2010, 03:35 PM

A series of images have made their way online of a number of props from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film, including the very first look at the Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore and History of Magic prop used in the final films.  Photos, which can be found in right here, come from a recent design fair at which these props were on display care of the Wyvern Bindery bookbinding company which supplied the props to the production.  Images include:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

nice.. I wounder if u can bye it online

Posted by Mew5645 on June 03, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator

Looks really as though rita chose the cover

Posted by Airallia on June 03, 2010, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

The books are all really well done. I hope JKR will release saome of these to help her charities. Wouldn’t that be fun to read?

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 03, 2010, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

looks awesome!!! i wish i could read them!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on June 03, 2010, 01:39 PM report to moderator
2vjooj9_thumb

this is amazing. :DD

Posted by nyteflite on June 03, 2010, 01:52 PM report to moderator
Thriller_thumb

Eh. Most of the books look great, but why is “Life and Lies” pink? It’s a bit much, I think, even for the characterization. It makes it look like it’s from the 70s.

Posted by findthefourth on June 03, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

frickin’ awesome. :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 03, 2010, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Hpsocks2010_3_thumb

I expected History of Magic to be much, much thicker. If it takes them all seven years at Hogwarts to make it through the book, how can it be so thin? I imagined that it needed buckles to help keep it closed.

Posted by Hermine on June 03, 2010, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Hpsocks2010_3_thumb

Overall, I expected the books to look a little less like they were mass-produced in a Muggle factory. I was thinking more of a hand-tooled look.

Posted by Hermine on June 03, 2010, 03:04 PM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

Very cool. I hope I can get copies sometime.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on June 03, 2010, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

coolio!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on June 03, 2010, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Wow they totally weren’t what I would have expected!

Posted by Jacket on June 03, 2010, 08:23 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

great, but SOTDA needs to be older

Choco_dementor_thumb

Hmm…I imagined the cover of ‘The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore’ as blue, not pink…and I thought all the other books would look more old and worn…but still, very cool :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on June 04, 2010, 01:38 AM report to moderator

I would love to have those books on my shelf just for the look. Whats cooler looking than the secrets of the dark arts book?

Posted by brewinales on June 04, 2010, 02:18 AM report to moderator

"You can't Apparate inside the Hogwarts grounds, how often do I have to tell you?" said Hermione impatiently.