First Images of Life and Lies, and History of Magic Props from "Deathly Hallows" Film

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 02, 2010, 03:35 PM

A series of images have made their way online of a number of props from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film, including the very first look at the Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore and History of Magic prop used in the final films.  Photos, which can be found in right here, come from a recent design fair at which these props were on display care of the Wyvern Bindery bookbinding company which supplied the props to the production.  Images include:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Wig4_thumb

SQUEEEE!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 03, 2010, 06:46 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_1_movie_poster_thumb

Looks great! They seriously made those even only for prop. Wow!

Posted by RavenCha-Potter on June 03, 2010, 07:42 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

I love the cover for Secrets of the Darkest Art and History of Magic. Are these going to be available for purchase or are they solely props for the film?

Posted by accioangela on June 03, 2010, 08:13 AM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

They all look awesome. The only problem now is that I want them all!

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on June 03, 2010, 08:56 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

wow i love all this mine you Hogwarts a History dose not look like i thought it would

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on June 03, 2010, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@Promote Elfish Welfare SQUEE I think the Advanced potion making book will be shown in the room of requirement in DH… Remember Harry kept it there in his 6th year…

Secrets of the darkest art looks nice but may be they’ll make it look old in the movie.. and DD’s biography looks like a typical rita product….

Posted by vandy[FTC] on June 03, 2010, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

I love it!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on June 03, 2010, 09:32 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

What a great job they did on these!

Posted by Kirk on June 03, 2010, 10:00 AM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

where is Beedle the bard book? That books plays the biggest part.

Posted by PensievePlotter on June 03, 2010, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Photo_on_2010-02-18_at_14

Love seeing these, although I imagined them to look more like old medieval manuscripts. I thought Darkest Art would look a little creepier, the purple reminds me of goth wannabe girls, but that’s just me. History of Magic looks beautiful!

Posted by KaliOlive on June 03, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Awesome!
I read a few words of the Life and Lies of Albus Dubledore, and saw that they matched the book!!!!!!
Where is The Tales of Beetle the Bard book?? It played a very importent roll in the book.

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on June 03, 2010, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Bneerhsg_thumb

seriously. i thought it would be brown or something. pink? haha i guess that rita skeeters personal touch though! haha

Posted by AlecsWeasley on June 03, 2010, 10:35 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I thought Life and Lies would be green, it was always a bold colour of green for me. Maybe I got that from Rita Skeeter. And Ha I’ve never heard it shortened to L&LOAD- Genius! And aswell Secrets of the Darkets Arts needs to be older but I bet in the movie it’ll be a seriously battered up version than this nice freshly bound one. And I LOVE the Monster book of Monster’s pages. Amazing!! I want to own these!

Posted by KiwiMcI on June 03, 2010, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

i never imagined them to be like that. there really awesome

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 03, 2010, 11:18 AM report to moderator

HISTORY LOOKED TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM HOW I IMAGINED IT. RITAS BOOK IS ABOUT WHAT UD EXPECT OF HER. POTIONS LOOKS COOL DARKEST ART DOES AS WELL.

Posted by LORD BYRON on June 03, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator

...Ron [was] goggling at the twins' new clothes.[br]"What are [i]they[/i] supposed to be?" he asked, pointing at the jackets.[br]"Finest dragon skin, little bro," said Fred, giving his zip a little tweak. "Business is booming and we thought we'd treat our