First Images of Life and Lies, and History of Magic Props from "Deathly Hallows" Film

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 02, 2010, 03:35 PM

A series of images have made their way online of a number of props from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film, including the very first look at the Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore and History of Magic prop used in the final films.  Photos, which can be found in right here, come from a recent design fair at which these props were on display care of the Wyvern Bindery bookbinding company which supplied the props to the production.  Images include:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Buckbeak_thumb

Wow — but yes the pink seems wrong, even if no intent to suggest anything.

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 02, 2010, 06:19 PM report to moderator

I pictured them older looking too.

Posted by Dawna on June 02, 2010, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Msn-stella_thumb

Not that much of a fan of Life and Lies…I wanted the purple to be more purple, as opposed to lilac. Lilac reminds me of Lockhart!

Love love LOVE The Darkest Art + History of Magic.

Posted by stella8h8chang on June 02, 2010, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

Amazing… I wish those were real books I could go buy!! I really want to read History of Magic.

Posted by JessSnape on June 02, 2010, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Loving the props all the detail they put into it.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 02, 2010, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

really cool books! i liked the chart that looks like the periodic table of elements in advanced potion making. :)

Posted by hermy007 on June 02, 2010, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

The Rita Skeeter book is slightly ridiculous, but it is supposed to be. I don’t like the secrets of the darkest arts. I always imagined that as a book they had in their collection that was a one of a kind this looks like just a regular book.

Posted by decarus on June 02, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

wow! this is really interesting. i always imagined that “life & lies” would have a very large photo of dumbledore though, since harry thought it was a mirror at first. and i always thought “secrets of the darkest art” would be huge. i dont know why, i just thought it would be rather big. and “history of magic”…hmmm…just looks a bit off, i guess. still they somehow all look lovely. i especially like all the insides. the potions book looks perfect; it looks like it was printed in the 60s! :) i love seeing props :D thanks leaky!

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on June 02, 2010, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Guys, the Life and Lies book is supposed to be hideous, because Rita Skeeter IS a hideous and tasteless character. It’s niot suggesting anything about Dumbledore, it’s all about her. Of course she’d want the book to be pink lizard print because she probably likes pink lizard print. Of course she’d dot the “i” in her name with a star like a 12 year old girl. It’s hilarious and awful, just like Rita. It’s not at all what I expected, but it’s perfect.

Posted by mollywobble on June 02, 2010, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

Those books looked a little too new for me I thought they would look older and scarier.

Posted by Roseann on June 02, 2010, 07:46 PM report to moderator

Those look great! Although, if they were 50 years old (from when Riddle was in school), I think they should be older looking. Still very impressed with the detail!

Posted by themagicalme on June 02, 2010, 08:35 PM report to moderator
Dsc01254_thumb

Rita Skeeter’s name would be the biggest thing on the cover !!

Posted by HPIsLegit on June 02, 2010, 08:36 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

i really never pictured any of these to look this way
but cool nonetheless

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 02, 2010, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very cool pix…

Posted by Won_Two on June 02, 2010, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

I’m glad a hell that these aren’t how I imagined them. If they were like I’d imagined I’ve have seen them already, and where’s the fun in that?

Posted by YodatheHobbit on June 02, 2010, 11:00 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Master was a nasty ungrateful swine who broke his mother's heart --"[br]"My mother didn't have a heart, Kreacher," Sirius snapped. "She kept herself alive out of pure spite."