First Images of Life and Lies, and History of Magic Props from "Deathly Hallows" Film

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 02, 2010, 03:35 PM

A series of images have made their way online of a number of props from the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film, including the very first look at the Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore and History of Magic prop used in the final films.  Photos, which can be found in right here, come from a recent design fair at which these props were on display care of the Wyvern Bindery bookbinding company which supplied the props to the production.  Images include:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Wow! I have to say i never imagined the cover for History of Magic like this. Interesting.

Skeeter’s cover is hilarious!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on June 02, 2010, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Death_eater_thumb

I gotta say, I imagined the “Secrets of the Darkest Arts” book to look a lot older and dustier. The “History of Magic” book looks pretty rad though!

Posted by Max Power on June 02, 2010, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I hadn’t really imagined them like that :/

Posted by IloveDobby on June 02, 2010, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

I just tried to read what it is written in those books and i have to say that it is an excellent work. In Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore there’s a part that exists in the book but in Potions Making there is a whole explanation of symbols and stuff. I’m very amazed at the amount of detail that those books have. I wonder if Jo had anything to do with the Potions book.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on June 02, 2010, 04:30 PM report to moderator

I didn’t imagine the covers anything like that either.

Posted by Evagirl on June 02, 2010, 04:31 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Pretty cool… I would love to get my hands on those books and actually read everything in them! haha

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 02, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Avcj_thumb

As a graphic designer, I am insanely jealous; those look like they would have been so much fun to design!!

Posted by Princess Leia on June 02, 2010, 05:01 PM report to moderator

bookbinding is the greatest! i’m sort of hopping they’ll use a jo designed beetle the bard though, it would be pretty sweet

Posted by hallows or horcruxes? on June 02, 2010, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

SQUEEEE!

Posted by Nwrosey on June 02, 2010, 05:15 PM report to moderator

I really like Skeeter’s comment on the Quidditch Through the Ages book! Hilarious! I’m not sure why, but I always imagined the History of Magic cover to be red with “A History Of Magic” in big gold fancy print. Hmm. Well they all still look great!

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on June 02, 2010, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I didn’t really imagine it that way, but it looks great!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 02, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It is amazing how much detail goes into the props alone!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 02, 2010, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I didn’t imagine it this way either. not at all. I’ve always imagined old books, with oldish design. and Merlins beard, why is L&LOAD cover pink!? I thought it was Skeeter’s most serious book. I hope they didn’t put it pink because D is gay(undercover)

Posted by Matea on June 02, 2010, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Those look awesome! But I imagined the cover blue, not pink actually…and I didn’t think there would be a picture on the book either. But I have to say the other books look wonderful.

These are truly great and would love to have all of them. Still waiting for “Hogwarts a History” to get into print. Maybe someday. Sigh…..

Posted by hewy on June 02, 2010, 06:07 PM report to moderator

"Platform what?"[br]"Nine and three-quarters."[br]"Don't talk rubbish," said Uncle Vernon. "There is no platform nine and three-quarters."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014