Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Cast Interviews Roundup

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
June 19, 2010, 06:13 AM

Since the Celebrity Preview and Grand Opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, interviews with the cast of the Harry Potter films have been pouring in thick and fast. As many of the interviews cover the same topics and ask the same questions of the cast, a detailed roundup of the main points to have arisen from the press' interviews with the Harry Potter actors follows.

MSNBC's "TODAY Show" spoke extensively with the stars of the Potter films, starting off with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) - Radcliffe interview. You can watch a video of the interview on the MSNBC website via this link. "I’ve always felt very, very lucky to have fallen into — almost by accident — a job that I absolutely love," said Radcliffe. Asked about whether he had any souvenirs from the set, he said, “I’m going back (to the ‘Potter’ set) for two — literally two — days, and I’m going to get the glasses. Gotta get the glasses."

Radcliffe additionally spoke to MSNBC about the opportunities the role has given him:

Every opportunity I get from now until the rest of my life is derived from the fact that when I was 10 years old, I got cast as Harry Potter. And I will be forever grateful and very proud to be associated with it.
Michael Gambon (Albus Dumbledore) talked about his shock at seeing the scenes he filmed as Dumbledore two years ago that now appear in the Forbidden Journey ride, "It looked like me, and so real!" More clips from the "TODAY Show" include presenter Al Roker getting a wand from Ollivander's and sampling Butterbeer and pumpkin juice. You can see the videos on the MSNBC website at this link.

CNN talked to Daniel Radcliffe and have a video on their website of their live stream interview with the actor. Radcliffe cited rollercoaster Dragon Challenge as his favourite part of the park, commenting, "It's been a while since I've been on a roller coaster that terrifying, but I've done it five times in the last two days, and I plan to go a couple more times today." You can watch the interview at this link.

The Guardian took readers around the park in an article in yesterday's Travel supplement. You can find the article and accompanying photos of the park here on The Guardian's website. The British newspaper also has a quote from Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) about the footage for the Forbidden Journey, shot "about two years ago ... and it's a ride like no other." The actor continues, "It combines amazing new technology with 3D imagery, with lifesize stuff coming out at you."

The BBC has a number of new videos in its Entertainment and Arts section, taking a tour of the park, talking to the art director about recreating Harry's world, another report from Hogsmeade and a one on one interview with Daniel Radcliffe.

MTV has a short article about the Grand Opening detailing an attempt by James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley, respectively) to set off a Wet-Start No-Heat Firework that they said they bought from Zonko's. The actors were "backed up" by a number of fireworks set off in a Universal backlot when the Wet-Start No-Heat Firework only produced smoke. You can find the full article via this link.

People Magazine has an article listing the actors' favourite parts of the attraction. Declaring Ollivander's his children's favourite part of the park, Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick, Griphook) said:
It's an immaculate reality. To see my kids in Ollivander's [wand shop] getting their wands was just tremendous. My children have got an unhealthy amount of wands. It looks like Ollivander's in our hotel room. They're loving it.
Find the article here on the People website.

10 Connects, a local news station from Tampa Bay, Florida, has a video recap of Wednesday's celebration, which you can find on their website at this link. The news station also spoke to Radcliffe, who once again remarked on how "complete" the Wizarding World of Harry Potter feels in comparison with the film sets. "There is not one moment when the illusion is broken," said Radcliffe. Gambon talked about how he found Daniel Radcliffe's favourite ride, Dragon Challenge, "terrifying" and David Heyman, producer for the Harry Potter films, described the park as "as perfect a rendition of the film in three dimensions as you could possibly ask for."

Lastly, Scotland's Daily Record has a report on the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Rupert Grint, who has said in a number of interviews so far that both the pub and the view of Hogwarts' castle are his favourite parts of the attraction, once again stated, "Just seeing the castle was the big thing for me, it gave me a chill. We should have one at home." Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) spoke for Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) who couldn't make it to the Celebrity Preview or the Grand Opening but who visited the park with Coltrane. "We both got quite emotional seeing all this brought to life," said the Hagrid actor. Find the full article from the Daily Record at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Photo_15_thumb

interviews are great to learn things :)

Posted by mundison on June 19, 2010, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

It is amazing that the park is finally open and nice that a bunch of the cast could make it!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on June 19, 2010, 07:46 AM report to moderator

It’s so nice to hear Daniel Radcliffe express such thanks for the character he played. So many actors might want to “break away” from the character they have played for so long, that has defined them (and end up making stupid choices in the process- fingers crossed that doen’t happen!!). But he seems to be grateful that he’ll always be Harry Potter, no matter what else he does!

Posted by allinate on June 19, 2010, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

that’s awesome….it’s good that idol Daniel Radcliffe express such thanks for the character he played.i wish that someone produce a contest to world wide and the price is the ticket to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Park…i’m sure many people will join that contest..world wide..

Posted by tjerriam on June 19, 2010, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Md050910_thumb

Well, I was not that impressed with the Today show overall, but it was great to see all the shops up close. Did anybody else notice how uncomfortable they made Bonnie Wright when they brought up engagement?

In another video I saw, it was great seeing Dan interact with the elementary school class that had won a trip there because of the money they raised for Haiti earthquake relief. In every video I’ve seen of him talking with children, he has always been wonderful with them and never talks to them in a patronizing way. That speaks volumes about Dan.

Posted by HP Fan for Life on June 19, 2010, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That all sounds wonderful! Man, I can’t keep my excitement inside! I seriously wish I could go to the Wizarding World now!

475968_thumb

Thanks for all the links, Leaky! I just spent a wonderful hour watching all of them…

Posted by TarsieS (FTC) on June 19, 2010, 12:00 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

amazing i wish i was there for the grand opening. oh well i got up early to watch it on the morning news and it was so worth it.

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on June 19, 2010, 12:06 PM report to moderator
N1012410067_30004165_424_thumb

Do we, or anyone, know where Emma was?

Posted by Olivia on June 19, 2010, 12:07 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Wow thanks you guys for all the links in one place to all of these great interviews.

Olivia I read someplace online (but, I dont know if it’s true or not) that Emma was busy with school so, she couldnt get the grand opening.

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 19, 2010, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

That was a nice summary! Omigosh I can’t believe it was 2 years ago that they filmed the Forbidden Journey!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 19, 2010, 01:20 PM report to moderator
300

Thanks for sharing this. I want to be there.

Posted by Hermione Granger -Weasley on June 19, 2010, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

Thanks for sharing. I think my favorite was the bit about Warwick Davis’ children and the wands. How sweet.

Posted by Finny on June 19, 2010, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-symbol-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-564456_1422_1545_thumb

I must go…

Posted by Nwrosey on June 19, 2010, 03:39 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Thank you so much Leaky! I was starting to get very swamped with all the WWOHP news… Awesome roundup! :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on June 19, 2010, 04:37 PM report to moderator

Harry looked between them, then said, "Mrs. Weasley, you didn't believe that rubbish Rita Skeeter wrote in [i]Witch Weekly,[/i] did you? Because Hermione's not my girlfriend."[br]"Oh!" said Mrs. Weasley. "No -- of course I didn't!"[br]But she became consi