Wizarding World of Harry Potter Opens to Public Today; HP Cast Open Archway to the Crowd (Update)

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 18, 2010, 08:20 AM

At long last, muggles will be able to walk through the gates and enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resorts this morning.  Grand Opening activities have been taken place all week and will be topped off starting at 9 AM EST with a grand opening to the public.  This event will be streamed live online from 9:00 - 9:30 AM EST via the Universal website right here.

Update: The final grand opening ceremony has just commenced.  Here is a brief rundown of events of this morning:
  • The Hogwarts conductor notes that the Hogwarts Express is about to arrive with some special guests and extraordinary students from across the country.
  • A VIM, Very Important Muggle, Bill Davis for Universal speaks to the crowd.
  • The Hogwarts Express arrives with Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Warwick Davis, Bonnie Wright, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, and Michael Gambon.
  • Radcliffe speaks to the crowd, notes they are "very, very, very exited to be [there] today."
  • Cast meets with students from one of the winning schools.
  • James and Oliver Phelps set off Zonkos firework to open park.
  • Snow falls in Orlando (or at least the Wizarding World) as the crowds enter.
Leaky will be covering the event as it happens via our Twitter account.  We will also update throughout the day with the very latest from the public grand opening of the theme park.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Gryffcutie_thumb

It’s all so exciting! The day has finally arrived! I can’t wait until I can see the park for myself! It’s going to be a dream come true!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 18, 2010, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! O MY GOSH IM HAVING A CONNIPTION!!!

Z_thumb

OMGshhhh that is so awesome!!! I cant wait to go!!!! LOL they had to call Oliver twice x)
Dan and Rupert look so good there!! haha :P
I WANT TO GOOOOO

Posted by chocolaterabbits on June 18, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Oh awesoooooome :) Love the VIM – Very Important Muggle

im so mad i cant go!

Posted by ron rocks WBM on June 18, 2010, 08:22 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Well I don’t like Florida very much but I guess I will have to go there now.

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 18, 2010, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Avatar_-_fix_thumb

Where was Evana and Emma?

Posted by Billy Latta on June 18, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator

Wow, I really want to go there!:D

Posted by SwedishPotterfan on June 20, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Great picture!

Posted by Smitch on June 20, 2010, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How lovely…

Posted by Won_Two on June 20, 2010, 11:44 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

WOOT! Let’s all go!!!

Hpdh_thumb

so so so so cool

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 21, 2010, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Oh My God i just cant wait to see everything. I wont be able to go there for quite some time but i think i will faint when i finally get there. its the dream of my life

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 22, 2010, 03:25 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 22, 2010, 03:26 AM report to moderator

Ron was busy building a card castle out of his Exploding Snap pack -- a much more interesting pastime than with Muggle cards, because of the chance that the whole thing would blow up at any second.[br]...he placed the last two cards on top of the castle a