Wizarding World of Harry Potter Opens to Public Today; HP Cast Open Archway to the Crowd (Update)

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 18, 2010, 08:20 AM

At long last, muggles will be able to walk through the gates and enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resorts this morning.  Grand Opening activities have been taken place all week and will be topped off starting at 9 AM EST with a grand opening to the public.  This event will be streamed live online from 9:00 - 9:30 AM EST via the Universal website right here.

Update: The final grand opening ceremony has just commenced.  Here is a brief rundown of events of this morning:
  • The Hogwarts conductor notes that the Hogwarts Express is about to arrive with some special guests and extraordinary students from across the country.
  • A VIM, Very Important Muggle, Bill Davis for Universal speaks to the crowd.
  • The Hogwarts Express arrives with Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Warwick Davis, Bonnie Wright, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, and Michael Gambon.
  • Radcliffe speaks to the crowd, notes they are "very, very, very exited to be [there] today."
  • Cast meets with students from one of the winning schools.
  • James and Oliver Phelps set off Zonkos firework to open park.
  • Snow falls in Orlando (or at least the Wizarding World) as the crowds enter.
Leaky will be covering the event as it happens via our Twitter account.  We will also update throughout the day with the very latest from the public grand opening of the theme park.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Ishida_thumb

First comment on the best Leaky Post EVER~!
I can’t wait till later this year when I go!!!!! =^.^=

Posted by PoisonXLilly on June 18, 2010, 08:47 AM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_fanart_thumb

Wow! I can’t wait to go there… I got up early just to watch the grand opening. :)

Posted by elf_ville on June 18, 2010, 08:49 AM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

My stupid job blocks access to Universal’s site, but I have been dashing out to the TV to see all the coverage. Even my favorite newscaster Keith Olbermann did a small clip opening up his show last night with sneak peeks ! How I wish I was there !!

We will be going Halloween ( I only live 3 hours away !!!! ) to split it between Halloween Horror Nights and TWWofHP !! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON !!! LOL !

I’m kinda giddy right now with excitement for all who are lucky enough to be there right now !

Posted by Hinkypunkmum on June 18, 2010, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Amazing! I am going so soon!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 18, 2010, 09:02 AM report to moderator
1980 Points

omg omg omg!! cnt wait!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 18, 2010, 09:07 AM report to moderator
1980 Points

omg omg omg!! cnt wait!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 18, 2010, 09:07 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! omgomgomgomgomg

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 18, 2010, 09:22 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Squee.Hehehehehehehe yay!!♥

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 18, 2010, 09:28 AM report to moderator

I’m watchng it right now. So far it’s little more than music,a banner and a picture of Hogwarts Express. Oh and also some people waving maps or something like that to keep cool. Floorida gets a bit hot in the winter so I can only imagine how bad it is in the Summer.

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on June 18, 2010, 09:32 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Yeah, the same for me – only a picture of Hogwarts Express…

Posted by Pollytomat on June 18, 2010, 09:35 AM report to moderator
Luna_sam_thumb

That was stupid- refreshed the page and now it won’t load. D:

Posted by nargles, oh my! on June 18, 2010, 09:36 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

I refreshed and now it won’t load.Eeeep.

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 18, 2010, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Princess_ariel_thumb

the same for me I refreshed the page won’t load

Posted by Ariel on June 18, 2010, 09:38 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Absolutely the same. So, it is not our fault then!

Posted by Pollytomat on June 18, 2010, 09:39 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

They just said on NBC news that it’s officailly open, and something about cutting the ribbon but they dont’ seem to be focusing on that.

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 18, 2010, 09:40 AM report to moderator

"You couldn't keep your mouth shut, could you, Hermione?" said Ron angrily as the kitchen door slammed shut behind them. "They won't want us visiting them now! We could've tried to get more stuff out of Winky about Crouch!"[br]"Oh as if you care about tha

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014