Universal Releases Images from Wizarding World Opening Day; Eight Hour Wait to Enter Park

Fan Events
Posted by: Edward
June 18, 2010, 02:18 PM

Universal has released three HQ images from this morning's grand public opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.  Part of our ever growing gallery of images from the grand opening, these images show Dan Radcliffe and Michael Gambon leading the students of the Today Show Wizarding World contest into the park and Mr. Radcliffe and the Phelps twins riding the Forbidden Journey ride with the students.  View below:

On a related note, reports are coming online of the kind of crowd levels at the Harry Potter theme park.  InsidetheMagic.net notes that wait times could be "up to 8 hours just to enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter area of Islands of Adventure. Small crowds have been let into Hogsmeade Village periodically and reports suggest crowd control within these small groups is fantastic. Lines for two of the area’s most talked about attractions, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and the Ollivander’s Wand Shop, have been reported as only reaching up to 90 minutes, with the Wizarding World’s other rides having little to no wait at all."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Haruhi_books_normal_thumb

Looks amazing. My friend Krista was there that day. She said the line was incredible. They were still in line to just get into the park at 1 in the afternoon. But she is also threre today and says it’s just as crowded but doesn’t take as long to get around as yesterday.

Posted by pellegrinopixie on June 19, 2010, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

I hope the lines die down a little bit in two weeks…. that’s when I’m going. :) It would stink to not be able to go in…..

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on June 19, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Wow I am loving the pics. I’m guessing that the lines and wait times will get a little easier after the initial excitement eases down? Anyhows everything just looks awesome squee

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 19, 2010, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Molly_thumb

I hope that things will calm down and maybe the kids and I will go in the fall. I see two rides and where you can buy food, but what else do you get to do? It would be cool to see props from the movies like on the traveling tour. I couldn’t wait in line for anything.

Posted by cminmd on June 19, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator

I am a proud opening-day-8-hour-waiter!! =) 2 hours outside the park and 6 inside the park =)

Posted by Hogwarts_Love_21 on June 19, 2010, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’m very impressed how good Dan is with kids.

Posted by LunaLuver on June 20, 2010, 02:41 AM report to moderator

Oh wow! I think it is so sweet of Dan and Mr Gambon to lead the kids and the Phelps twins to ride along with the others! This is a superb idea and a tribute to the greatest book series ever!

Posted by Sanju on June 20, 2010, 09:42 AM report to moderator
7_the_forest_again__book__thumb

HA! It was 8 hours..and that was just to get into the wizarding world. you had to be there extra early at like 5:00a to even get a spot in that line…potter fans never disappoint me with their intensity :) It was SO AWESOME though. and butterbeer tastes so good!

Posted by bcfgrg on June 20, 2010, 02:49 PM report to moderator
7_the_forest_again__book__thumb

Posted by bcfgrg on June 20, 2010, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Aw, Dan and kids. Cute!

Posted by Smitch on June 20, 2010, 08:58 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I’ll be there…

Posted by Won_Two on June 21, 2010, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I’m going at the end of July … hopefully it won’t be quite as bad by then? (I don’t mind waiting, but I will be with muggles!!!)

Hpdh_thumb

totally gnarly for that kid riding with dan on the hippogriff.

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 21, 2010, 08:12 PM report to moderator

wonderful pictures :-) would have been a real extra treat to have Harry (Daniel) in his hogwarts robes, and Michael Gambon dressed too :-)

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on June 22, 2010, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Img_3143_thumb

okay, lines opening day
main line just to get in 6 1/2 hours
ollivanders 3 hours
butterbeer cart 1 1/4 hours
three broomsticks 3 hours
zonkos/honeydukes 2 hours
forbidden journey 1/2 hour
dragon challenge 5 minutes
flight of the hippogriff 15 minutes (maintenence)
experience priceless!

Posted by HufflepuffKiwi on June 23, 2010, 06:07 AM report to moderator

It was a magnificent mirror, as high as the ceiling, with an ornate gold frame, standing on two clawed feet. There was an inscription carved around the top: [i]Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.[/i]