Universal Releases Images from Wizarding World Opening Day; Eight Hour Wait to Enter Park

Fan Events
Posted by: Edward
June 18, 2010, 02:18 PM

Universal has released three HQ images from this morning's grand public opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park.  Part of our ever growing gallery of images from the grand opening, these images show Dan Radcliffe and Michael Gambon leading the students of the Today Show Wizarding World contest into the park and Mr. Radcliffe and the Phelps twins riding the Forbidden Journey ride with the students.  View below:

On a related note, reports are coming online of the kind of crowd levels at the Harry Potter theme park.  InsidetheMagic.net notes that wait times could be "up to 8 hours just to enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter area of Islands of Adventure. Small crowds have been let into Hogsmeade Village periodically and reports suggest crowd control within these small groups is fantastic. Lines for two of the area’s most talked about attractions, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and the Ollivander’s Wand Shop, have been reported as only reaching up to 90 minutes, with the Wizarding World’s other rides having little to no wait at all."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Ronhermione_thumb

Aaaaw :) I love how Dan is surrounded by adoring little children :) <3
N’aaaaaaaaaaaaaaw :)

It would be funny if he was surrounded by adoring fan girls though ;) :L

Harry_potter_wallpaper_thumb

I actually cried because I want to go so bad… I’ll be so close in a week… 3 hours… I WILL convince my parents!

Posted by LoveIsHBP on June 18, 2010, 07:13 PM report to moderator
Avery-vogue_thumb

So strange to see “snow” on the buildings when all the people look like they’re really hot and sweaty. Hopefully they got all the bugs out of the rides before the open, and hope everything still works by the time I get to see it (hopefully when it’s not sweltering!).

Posted by Averyfan on June 18, 2010, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

I want to go so bad. cry

Posted by jedisakora on June 18, 2010, 08:50 PM report to moderator

Might be going in July?

They should have a screening of all the Harry Potter movies daily…as well as DH. Being in such a place and then watching a Potter movie would be epic

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on June 18, 2010, 09:38 PM report to moderator

To "The Stew [ROAR] screening of the HP movies is a marvelous idea why don’t you suggest it to the folks at Universal Orlando!!!!!
All the actors were so great with the kids!!! They will remember this and cherish these memories for a long time to come. Many thanks to the cast for their attention to the children for whom this park was created and the rest of us “old” kids who will appreciate it just as much if not more!!!!!

Posted by hewy on June 18, 2010, 10:33 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

I thought that would happen that why I am not going till next year. It is going to be like this all summer. It was sooo cute that rupert and Dan rode the rides with the children. I feel so sorry for all those ppeople who had to wait all that time. Well I will enjoy it next year that is for sure.

Posted by Roseann on June 18, 2010, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-hermione-y-ron_1__thumb

Does anybody know why Emma was not there? is totally not the same without her :(

Posted by mely05 on June 19, 2010, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

That’s just adorable! Dan and the rest of the cast having fun with the kids!! Dammit, I’m jealous.

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on June 19, 2010, 12:26 AM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

Absolutely fantastic! Dan was the perfect host with those kids! And out of all the actors who appeared today at the park, he seemed like the most genuine! He really seemed happy to be there and to be with those kids!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 19, 2010, 12:43 AM report to moderator

Uhm, when I rode the Forbidden Journey ride a week ago, it was inside the castle. They used to call the ride in the photo the Flight of the Hippogriff. ;-)

Posted by DodgeRules on June 19, 2010, 01:34 AM report to moderator
The_claw_normal_thumb

Boy am I glad I decided not to go on opening day. I’ll wait for the madness to settle down and maybe for the temperatures to drop a bit. Hmmm, that means I’ll probably not be going until October.

Posted by OrlandoDaddy [WBM] on June 19, 2010, 05:50 AM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

can’t wait to see all this……………..Fantastic pictures!!!..oh i hope i have picture with daniel radcliffe..

Posted by tjerriam on June 19, 2010, 05:57 AM report to moderator
Vf-june2010_thumb

I agree with Christine, Dan is the most adorable guy EVER!

Posted by pottermania97 *ROAR* on June 19, 2010, 06:21 AM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

Lucky little kids! I want to go!!!

Posted by Heather Staples on June 19, 2010, 08:56 AM report to moderator

"Aaah... pain beyond pain, my friends; nothing could have prepared me for it. I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost... but still, I was alive. What I was, even I do not know... I, who have gone further than anybody

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014