Hi-Res Images and Video of Wizarding World of Harry Potter Grand Opening Ceremony

Fan Events
Posted by: Melissa
June 18, 2010, 12:02 PM

Leaky was on the scene today at the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and has hi-res images of the festivities in our galleries, and video of the opening ceremony to share! Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Felton, Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright and the Phelps twins kicked things off. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Great photos, though between all the pale English skin and the long sleeves, I do hope they were all wearing sunblock and staying hydrated!

Posted by Jillxoxo on June 18, 2010, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That looks so cool! I wish I was there myslef to watch it! I want to purchase my own wand and drink some Butterbeer! The feeling of meeting the actors never gets old! James and Oliver look as micheivous as ever! Dan is so sweet, I never knew he could bond with kids?! That’s awesome!

Ronhermione_thumb

Dan <3

And I love the picture at the top :P It made me giggle :) What IS he doing?! :L

Choco_dementor_thumb

OH. MY. GOD!!!! I’m sooooooooo excited for this Christmas when I can go (hopefully)!!!!! :D Wish I could’ve gone to the opening, it must’ve been the most amazing thing ever!!!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on June 18, 2010, 07:34 PM report to moderator
3667972_thumb

Wheres Emma?

Posted by har1020 on June 18, 2010, 07:40 PM report to moderator
Ginevra_thumb

I wish I could have benn there!

Posted by It's Ginevra on June 18, 2010, 08:12 PM report to moderator
The_trio_thumb

Wow that is amazing…I REALLY want to go…but not in the near future…SOMETIME though, of course =D but yeah, why isn’t Emma Watson there???

Posted by SummerDaize on June 18, 2010, 08:37 PM report to moderator

If Emma had not been filming at this point in time it would have been great to see the trio together. Frankly I thought Bonnie looked like she was terrified beyond belief and afraid of being trampled, which considering the amount of people there could have been a distinct possibility. Poor Tom looked like the kids were having a problem seperating the character of Draco with the actor. The twins are by far my favorite characters and they were just super!!!! Can not wait for Sept as I suspect that there will not be the thousands of people as there were today.

Posted by hewy on June 18, 2010, 10:15 PM report to moderator
Iconator_6f49d3d21092e00bd5143836ef5b871a_thumb

what an opportunity for those kids who got to go in first and with the cast, I love dan he’s such a genuinely happy, and nice guy you don’t see to many of those specially in the acting world. He looked as excited as anyone of those kids to be part of that opening day. It was also nice to see that it was opened by the actual cast not the execs of universal and or warner bros.

Posted by lizzardbreath on June 18, 2010, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

That was amazing. I love how they had the twins light the fireworks and like magic it shot out from behind how cool. Good job guys

Posted by Roseann on June 18, 2010, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

omg, omg, omg… so exciting! Hope one day I’ll get there 8→

Posted by devilskinn on June 19, 2010, 04:27 AM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

i really love you daniel radcliffe..your the best ….

Posted by tjerriam on June 19, 2010, 05:54 AM report to moderator
Harry_hermione_thumb

awesome video!! thanks leaky ( :

Posted by seamus_ofcourse(*ROAR*) on June 19, 2010, 07:02 AM report to moderator

Very cool….hope to make it there!

Posted by Dawna on June 19, 2010, 08:20 AM report to moderator
Avatar1_thumb

I really, really, really want to go, but I can’t go this Summer, but mabe during vacation or Halloween!

Posted by Heather Staples on June 19, 2010, 08:54 AM report to moderator

"Professor McGonagall told me what awful things have happened when wizards have meddled with time... Loads of them ended up killing their past or future selves by mistake!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014