Hi-Res Images and Video of Wizarding World of Harry Potter Grand Opening Ceremony

Fan Events
Posted by: Melissa
June 18, 2010, 12:02 PM

Leaky was on the scene today at the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and has hi-res images of the festivities in our galleries, and video of the opening ceremony to share! Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Felton, Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright and the Phelps twins kicked things off. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Wow! I wish I was able to see the opening!

Posted by on June 18, 2010, 02:05 PM report to moderator

Wow! I wish I could have seen the opening!

Posted by on June 18, 2010, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

Wow that was cool….infact supercool:-)
all the actors were wonderful…though missed emma very very much:-(
wish i was there…isn’t any apparation available?!!?

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on June 18, 2010, 02:06 PM report to moderator

I watched the livestream….awesome! I can’t wait to go see everything for real! One more month!!! My friend said it was insane there today though…THOUSANDS of people…she couldn’t even get anywhere near Hogsmeade! She made it almost to Islands of adventure where the theme park is….that is it. Insane…so maybe I’m glad I have to wait for a month. At least then I should be able to get in!! lol

Posted by songbird on June 18, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Eeeeeeeeeeep.Gotta love Dan!! =D

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 18, 2010, 02:28 PM report to moderator
3_50__thumb

Can´t wait to go… oh my god, how cool is that???? a dream come true!

Posted by Lythium on June 18, 2010, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Rob2_thumb

tried to go, but there was 10,000 people in front of me at 9am! WOW

Posted by HermyGrnger on June 18, 2010, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

So cool.I really really want to go.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on June 18, 2010, 03:07 PM report to moderator

this place is just awesome, can’t wait to go, but im not going in the immediate future

Posted by WolfyWizard on June 18, 2010, 03:22 PM report to moderator
3667972_thumb

I am so jealous of those kids! :) they are so lucky to have an oppurtunity like that!

Posted by har1020 on June 18, 2010, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Dan was so sweet!

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 18, 2010, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i think it’s wonderful that dan is so great with the kids, he does events like this all the time and i think that may be why he’s just so personable, he’s probably used to the screaming fans and small children :)
i agree though, bonnie mostly looks like she’d rather be somewhere else
and lastly, the phelps twins are just too funny, even when they’re not trying :)

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on June 18, 2010, 03:55 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

oh my god that was amazing i got up really early to watch it on the news but they didnt have this part.

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on June 18, 2010, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Photo_235_thumb

amazing…it’s like…i don’t have words. wow. why am i living in estonia?!?

Posted by Triin on June 18, 2010, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Dan is such a sweet guy!! He’s so sweet with the kids… this will be such a memorable time in the kid’s lives. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 18, 2010, 05:02 PM report to moderator

"You have shown bravery beyond anything I could have expected of you tonight, Harry. You have shown bravery equal to those who died fighting Voldemort at the height of his powers. You have shouldered a grown wizard's burden and found yourself equal to it.