Hi-Res Images and Video of Wizarding World of Harry Potter Grand Opening Ceremony

Fan Events
Posted by: Melissa
June 18, 2010, 12:02 PM

Leaky was on the scene today at the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and has hi-res images of the festivities in our galleries, and video of the opening ceremony to share! Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Felton, Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright and the Phelps twins kicked things off. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Daniel_radcliffe__rupert_grint__emma_watson_harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_movie_image_1_thumb

SWEET!!!! 60 DAYS FOR ME!!!!!

Posted by crikeyhunter on June 18, 2010, 12:18 PM report to moderator
47_thumb
1996 Points

omg. AMAZING!

Posted by ronlvr44 on June 18, 2010, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

That looked amazing! I thought out of all the actors, Dan was the most personable. I thought he was great with the kids, calling them by name and even asking one about his loose tooth! What a guy! Bonnie looked like she would rather be somewhere else. I can’t wait to visit the park myself!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 18, 2010, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Dan is so good with kids! Going in 5 days!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 18, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Dan is so good with kids! Going in 5 days!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 18, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator

wow! awesome. Going in a month!

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on June 18, 2010, 12:37 PM report to moderator

I’m not going to be able to go in the near future, but hopefully! I’m not even going to hide my jealousy for those who were able to go and be there on the opening day and see the actors IN REAL LIFE! Ahhhh, I wish I was there!

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on June 18, 2010, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

the giant firework “fail” was epic! So glad the park is open now!
my only question is, why wasn’t Emma Watson there? She is pretty important…

Posted by HollyHogwarts *Roar* on June 18, 2010, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

All I can say is WOWW!!! I can’t believe this is actually happening! Dan is so nice to children!! :D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on June 18, 2010, 12:45 PM report to moderator

Wow, I wish I could apparate there right now.!!!!

Posted by emdash84 on June 18, 2010, 12:56 PM report to moderator
300

So cool.I really really want to go.

Posted by Hermione Granger -Weasley on June 18, 2010, 12:59 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Everything is just so awesome lol I cant stop squeeing. Thank you Leaky Galleries for getting the hi res pics and video, too. You guys rock.

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 18, 2010, 01:15 PM report to moderator

geez how great is this…The actors were all wonderful….the park looks amazing….. Cant wait to book a vacation..

Posted by ljc on June 18, 2010, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

Wow – Now I really wish we had not decided to wait until Halloween to go !! But then, it has been running up to 100 degrees here in South Florida the last few weeks !! You can see how hot all the actors are !! They all look amazing don’t they ? What wonderful wonderful people they all are ! I respect them so much. You would not find typical Hollywood young adults behaving this wonderfully !! I make a sweeping bow to the Brits !

Thank you for these fine actors !!!!

Posted by Hinkypunkmum on June 18, 2010, 01:48 PM report to moderator
24872_1224258052027_1396266177_30531885_8362521_n_thumb

For those who were wondering Emma was filming a movie, and couldnt make it.

Posted by potter_freak_007 on June 18, 2010, 01:55 PM report to moderator

"Now, I must warn you that the most stringent Anti-Cheating Charms have been applied to your examination papers. Auto-Answer Quills are banned from the examination hall, as are Remembralls, Detachable Cribbing Cuffs, and Self-Correcting Ink."