Dan Radcliffe Discusses Last Days of Filming

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
June 18, 2010, 03:52 AM

As readers may recall, filming for "Deathly Hallows" wrapped last week and since then a few of the Harry Potter actors have been discussing their feelings about the film series coming to a close. A new article details Daniel Radcliffe's (Harry Potter) feelings about completing the movies, as well as having been connected to the Harry Potter franchise for nearly ten years:

“I ... we ... were very emotional. I’m not a particularly overly emotional kind of person. And so, I didn’t really expect it to be ... to cry ... as much as I did. But I was absolutely devastated at the moment, because I just thought, ‘Well, what am I gonna do now?’ You know? I don’t know what my day-to-day life is without Harry Potter,” Radcliffe said. “I’ve got to sort of find that out.”
...
In the meantime, he hopes to have a reminder of his Potter days. “I’m going back (to the ‘Potter’ set) for two — literally two — days, and I’m going to get the glasses. Gotta get the glasses,” he said of the iconic specs Harry wore during his days at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Radcliffe is certain to have a long acting future before him. But will that future include a day where he ceases to wake up without a little bit of Harry Potter inside?
“No. Not at all,” he said. “Every opportunity I get from now until the rest of my life is derived from the fact that when I was 10 years old, I got cast as Harry Potter. And I will be forever grateful and very proud to be associated with it.”

You can read more here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Groucho2_thumb

hey moose_star…
yep, saw the same rumors, along with a brief “no, i won’t” from Radcliffe. But, things change, right? Since MGM is unable to finance the Hobbit project, WB would be foolish not to take it over. and if they do, then that would be a very different situation, and Radcliffe might reconsider, especially if Jackson decides to be the director himself.
we’ll see what happens ;-)

Posted by budb on June 18, 2010, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb
  • sniffles * Dawna is right. Bittersweet is the perfect work for it.
Posted by Finny on June 18, 2010, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

*word

Posted by Finny on June 18, 2010, 07:10 PM report to moderator

An amazing guy!

Posted by Muggle Mommy on June 18, 2010, 11:25 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

It will never end!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on June 19, 2010, 12:28 AM report to moderator
129082117994124154_thumb

I’m sad to.

Posted by KellBell{ROAR} on June 19, 2010, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Sad — but he will still have all of the Potter fans to follow his future acting work and wish him well.

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 19, 2010, 03:55 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

No matter what else he does, to most he will always be Harry Potter.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on June 19, 2010, 07:44 AM report to moderator
Sea-otter_thumb

such a sweetie, so nice that he’s so grateful.

Posted by BookNookKara on June 20, 2010, 09:20 AM report to moderator

I think he’s so nice to be so emotional at the end of HP films’ shooting end…….I know I am going to be after we watch the second installment of Deathly Hallows……….gosh, it’s a part of me……..I will miss it so much……..

Posted by Sanju on June 20, 2010, 09:39 AM report to moderator

I really can’t believe it, the movies are now done aswell. It is the End of and Era.

Posted by on June 20, 2010, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Time marches on…

Posted by Won_Two on June 20, 2010, 10:36 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Got a lump in me throat meself!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 21, 2010, 10:30 AM report to moderator

I went to Leavsden studios on that day – outside, but I didn’t know that it was the last day… No chance ever again to see them filming

Posted by ginnyshiel on June 21, 2010, 10:49 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

dude
how would that feel to BE harry potter and then have it taken away
you will always be HP to me dan

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 21, 2010, 08:06 PM report to moderator

Hermione's hair was bushy again; she confessed to Harry that she had used liberal amounts of Sleekeazy's Hair Potion on it for the ball, "but it's way too much bother to do every day," she said matter-of-factly, scratching a purring Crookshanks behind the