Dan Radcliffe Discusses Last Days of Filming

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
June 18, 2010, 03:52 AM

As readers may recall, filming for "Deathly Hallows" wrapped last week and since then a few of the Harry Potter actors have been discussing their feelings about the film series coming to a close. A new article details Daniel Radcliffe's (Harry Potter) feelings about completing the movies, as well as having been connected to the Harry Potter franchise for nearly ten years:

“I ... we ... were very emotional. I’m not a particularly overly emotional kind of person. And so, I didn’t really expect it to be ... to cry ... as much as I did. But I was absolutely devastated at the moment, because I just thought, ‘Well, what am I gonna do now?’ You know? I don’t know what my day-to-day life is without Harry Potter,” Radcliffe said. “I’ve got to sort of find that out.”
...
In the meantime, he hopes to have a reminder of his Potter days. “I’m going back (to the ‘Potter’ set) for two — literally two — days, and I’m going to get the glasses. Gotta get the glasses,” he said of the iconic specs Harry wore during his days at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Radcliffe is certain to have a long acting future before him. But will that future include a day where he ceases to wake up without a little bit of Harry Potter inside?
“No. Not at all,” he said. “Every opportunity I get from now until the rest of my life is derived from the fact that when I was 10 years old, I got cast as Harry Potter. And I will be forever grateful and very proud to be associated with it.”

You can read more here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

Aw – reminds me of when Elijah Wood got to keep the Ring, and his sword Sting…. and they only shot LOTR for what ? 5 years ? Less ?

This has GOT to be so emotional !! Go Dan !

Posted by Hinkypunkmum on June 18, 2010, 09:30 AM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

aw!!!! That is so great that he’ll be proud of it for the rest of his life! And he gets to keep the glasses—-lucky. :)

Posted by Potter_Puella on June 18, 2010, 09:31 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

Oh, bless him.

Posted by accioangela on June 18, 2010, 09:56 AM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

hmm….i thought of a great idea! Isn’t the timing great? Just when the movies are done, the park opens! I say Dan becomes a permanent fixture acting Harry Potter at the park! He can get paid millions still…..

How about it?

Posted by PensievePlotter on June 18, 2010, 10:20 AM report to moderator

It is wonderful that Dan speaks with so much warmth and fondness for his role and for the experience itself. It just enhances the bond that fans have to the series to know that the actors cared about their work and each other.

Posted by Jillxoxo on June 18, 2010, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

To build on an earlier story: Peter Jackson’s Hobbit project has run into financial problems. WB should take over the entire project …and Dan Radcliffe can play Bilbo Baggins ;-)

Hey, for a young actor to be in TWO major iconic projects before he turns 25, that would truly make for a comfortable life and career!

Posted by budb on June 18, 2010, 10:47 AM report to moderator

We love you Daniel. And I’m so glad you’ll carry that Potter love forever :)

Posted by emdash84 on June 18, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Dan is just awesome.

budb alas if I remember correctly there were rumors about Dan being approached for the role of Bilbo. I dont remember if the rumors were true or not but, Dan stated that he wasnt going to be in the Hobbit movie.

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 18, 2010, 11:52 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

SAAAAAAAAAD!
When he has tough moments (maybe some critics on his future roles or smth like that) he will put on THE glasses and remember that he is a star))

Posted by Pollytomat on June 18, 2010, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I can understand Dan’s feelings because I feel the same way. It’s the end of an era. I hope Dan does get the glasses, he deserves them for all his hard work. Those glasses belong to him, he earned them.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 18, 2010, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Aww he cried :) I did to when it was over thoughits sad to think it’s “the end” though

Posted by IloveDobby on June 18, 2010, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

aww,gotta love Dan :) love how he said he’ll always remember HP
oh,and i just feel the same-i guess we all do-…just dunno what i’ll do after the last film comes out :(

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on June 18, 2010, 02:34 PM report to moderator

wow, its hard to believe that its all over, and Dan is such a great guy, im glad he got the glasses

Posted by WolfyWizard on June 18, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Image

that is sad and awesome! i would be sobbing in tears if i was him!

Posted by magicmaniac on June 18, 2010, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Awww :’( I bet they all cried so hard :(

He should be able to keep the glasses :) They must be part of him now :)

All the characters will be a part of them :)

"Never," said Hagrid irritably, "try an' get a straight answer out of a centaur. Ruddy stargazers. Not interested in anythin' closer'n the moon."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014