Wizarding World Celebrity Preview Beings Tonight at 9:30 PM EST (Updated)

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 16, 2010, 07:30 PM

As readers will recall, tonight, the grand opening festivities at Universal Orlando's Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park will kick off at 9:30 PM EST with a Celebrity Preview, featuring actors from the Harry Potter films along with a performance of an arrangement by film composer John Williams.  This event will be streamed live via the Universal Orlando website right here.  At tonight's event, actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbledore), Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), and Warwick Davis (Flitwick) are said to be in attendance.  We will upload images and video from the event as they come online.

Update: The first images are starting to come online of actors arriving on the red carpet.  Additionally, images from this morning's press conference can be seen here.

Leaky's own webmistress Melissa Anelli is at the theme park for all the happenings and will be live Tweeting the event throughout the evening.  Stay close to TLC for photos and video of the event as it happens, as well as a recap later this evening.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hp_the_blue_eye_2_500by500_thumb

First! I’m SO there, via live streaming that is!

Posted by AmishPatronus66 on June 16, 2010, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Awesome, think I’ll watch. :)

Posted by Lucida on June 16, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator

OMG OMG GO 2 THIS LINK EVERYONE:

/?s=Harry+Potter+%26+The+Deathly+Hallows

Posted by gurjotbhatal on June 16, 2010, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Cooooool! I’m going to check this out but I’m not sure if I can get into the US site. That’s what sucks about these links :S

Posted by Smitch on June 16, 2010, 08:19 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I’m in the UK will the live stream work for me?

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on June 16, 2010, 08:33 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

The pictures of all those cakes outside Honeydukes look sooo yummy. I wish i was there :(

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on June 16, 2010, 09:26 PM report to moderator

I’m ready!

Love the wait music!

Posted by Jillxoxo on June 16, 2010, 09:45 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

is the live stream just going to be music. i mean its great but getting tired of it after waititng like 10 hours! :

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 16, 2010, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Hayley3_1__thumb

I watched the livestreaming of it! Its sooo magical!! Once I had to fill out the life I wish I had. I put that I wish I was a student at Hogwarts or in the Harry Potter films. Being at the theme park will be the closest I’ll ever get to that and I can’t wait!

Posted by roflravenclaw on June 16, 2010, 10:38 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

The live stream was brilliant and really exciting, the theme tune gave me goosebumps. All the pictures and articles i’ve seen about the park make it look and sound soooo immense, hopefully one day i’ll get to go there.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on June 16, 2010, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Thanks for the pics.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 16, 2010, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

what time will it be in the uk ?

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on June 17, 2010, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

i really want to go!!! ESPECIALY SINCE JO IS THERE ALSO!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on June 17, 2010, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Darn! I missed it! :(((((((

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on June 17, 2010, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

God! Thanks a lot

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 17, 2010, 10:35 AM report to moderator

"We've told Marge you attend St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal Boys."[br][i]"What?"[/i] Harry yelled.[br]"And you'll be sticking to that story, boy, or there'll be trouble," spat Uncle Vernon.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014