Universal to Live Stream Wizarding World of Harry Potter Grand Opening Events

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 15, 2010, 04:00 PM

Harry Potter fans unable to attend the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resorts this Friday will be able to see the festivities via a live stream of the opening events starting on Wednesday.  In a press release, Universal notes that "viewers will be treated to highly-visual and entertaining events commemorating the opening of the world's most anticipated entertainment experience. Viewers may even get a glimpse of stars from the "Harry Potter" films who will be in attendance at the events.  Live updates from the grand opening events will also be shared on Universal Orlando Resort's Twitter page."

The video stream will be shown in two parts; a Celebrity Preview, an event not open to the public, will be broadcast on Wednesday, June 16, from 9:30 - 10:00 PM EDT.  Next, the Official Grand Opening stream will take place this Friday, June 18, from 9:00 - 9:30 AM EDT.

Leaky will be on the scene in Orlando the entire week, so stay close for the very latest on the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Avatar_moose_thumb

cool! if I can stay awake (time zone issue to UK?) I would love to tune into this.

Posted by pinkmoosely on June 15, 2010, 06:15 PM report to moderator

I’ll be there but I’ll tell everyone I know to watch it!! I’m so excited =D

Posted by Hogwarts_Love_21 on June 15, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

oh My god i thought i was going to miss the epic event. Thanks to the live streaming i can watch the events. I an definiteley going to watch it.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 15, 2010, 06:23 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

noo wayy! now im really going to cry!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on June 15, 2010, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

I hope I’ll be able to see it from my computer at work. crosses fingers

Posted by AvanelleWood on June 15, 2010, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

Awesome! I’ll deffinetly watch. I can’t wait to be able to go there!!!

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on June 15, 2010, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

As pleased as I am that they are offering this to fans, I do wish that I could be there myself.

Posted by Kirk on June 15, 2010, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

I’d love to be there, but it’s very nice that they’re doing this.

Posted by Finny on June 15, 2010, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I better remember this!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 15, 2010, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Squee!! So glad that they are livestreaming it… super excited!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 15, 2010, 10:32 PM report to moderator

This is awesome!

Posted by hewy on June 15, 2010, 10:34 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

I got an email with the link and the schedule. I’m putting it on my calendar. I hope their server can handle the traffic!!!

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on June 15, 2010, 10:47 PM report to moderator
2865_1127012896097_1250404635_30357756_4615970_n_thumb

can’t wait to watch it :)

Posted by got2lovme on June 16, 2010, 12:01 AM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

That’s great, I’m going to try and watch that!

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 16, 2010, 12:20 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Isn’t that lovely?

Posted by Won_Two on June 16, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator

No fewer than four Stunners had shot from the figures around the cabin toward Professor McGonagall. Halfway between cabin and castle the red beams collided with her. For a moment she looked luminous, illuminated by an eerie red glow, then was lifted right