Rupert Grint, Bill Nighy: "Wild Target" Roundup

Grint
Posted by: Rosi
June 14, 2010, 10:07 AM

With the UK cinema release of "Wild Target" coming up this Friday, 18th June, actors Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Bill Nighy (Rufus Scrimgeour) have recently taken part in a number of interviews; both actors star in leading roles in the comedy film alongside Emily Blunt. Firstly, thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net we can link you to a new interview First News Children's Newspaper conducted with Grint in which the actor talks about future projects, ski jumping and his favourite experiences while filming "Wild Target":

Q: Do you want to do all-out action films?
Grint:
I definitely enjoyed this, although my character isn't the most deadly: he's afraid of everything. But yes, it could be fun. Anything that's different and a bit of a change is something that I'm keen to do.
You can read the full interview via this link.

Secondly, also thanks to RupertGrint.net we have a new video from the "Wild Target" press junket here in our video galleries. BBC Switch's "The 5:19 Show" interviewed Nighy, Grint and their co-stars; the video shows a short clip of the film as well as snippets of advice from the actors on how to best look like a villain. Nighy sums up the film's plot in one breath while Grint talks about being slapped by co-star Emily Blunt ("The Young Victoria", "The Devil Wears Prada"). Watch the full video in our galleries at this link.

Grint additionally took part in a lengthy interview with WalesOnline about the film. The actor talks briefly about working with Nighy, commenting, “He’s brilliant. You pick up a lot, just from working with him. He’s very calm, gentle and hilarious as well, so we had a lot of fun." Grint also talks about the differences between working on Harry Potter and the far quicker pace of filming "Wild Target". The full interview can be found here on the Wales Online website.

The fashion supplement of British newspaper The Telegraph spoke to Bill Nighy about the part costume plays in the actor's decision to go for or accept a role.
Nighy: Joanna Johnston (the costume designer) did persuade me into Lycra trousers for ‘Love Actually’ once, and that was rather fun. But, if I’m to be seen in public, I want to look my best. My muse is basically a two-piece, two-button, single pleat, single-vented lounge suit. There is a notable lack of classical roles on my cv. I couldn’t operate in doublet and hose, and as for a cod-piece.. well, puh-lease! That’s why I was drawn to Wild Target - it’s my kind of role, my kind of wardrobe.
On another note, the article also features a video in which Nighy talks at length about the potential impact a Robin Hood Tax would have on the world. You can read the full interview and see some photos of Nighy in a variety of suits, as well as some stills from "Wild Target" at this link.

Lastly, "Wild Target" will be screening at the 56th TaorminaFilmFest in Taormina, Italy. The film will be shown at 9.30pm on the 18th of June, the last night of the festival at the Teatro Antico. You can buy either €8 or €12 tickets to the screening here at the TicketOne website.

Stay close to Leaky for more updates, videos and interviews related to "Wild Target" as Friday approaches.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Epjpegutil31_thumb

The “Robin Hood” bank tax sounds like a great idea. I hope that gets off the ground as it could generate a lot of money for charity work. The movie sounds like it will be pretty good.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 14, 2010, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Thanks for compiling all of this for us, Rosi!

Posted by Kirk on June 14, 2010, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

I really want to watch Wild Target!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on June 14, 2010, 05:33 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

The movie trailer is hilarious. I will definitely be seeing this movie. As for the Robin Hood Tax, it makes to much sense to those struggling but no sense to the capitalists. It’s like explaining oil prices to a 5 year old. No why you’re gonna get money from a bank,…get it?

Posted by taoist1 on June 14, 2010, 06:10 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

They have been soooooo many adverts for this film on tv but it looks really funny, though none of them involve Rupert actually talking hmmm………

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on June 14, 2010, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

It is so awesome how all the Harry Potter cast still work together in so many different movies I love it. It is kind of like the HP family lives on. I can not wait to see this good luck you two.

Posted by Roseann on June 14, 2010, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

WHY DOES HE HAE A MOUSTACHE?!!?

Upclose_of_me_thumb

I like Rupert with a little hair on his face… rather dapper I think. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 14, 2010, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

that is so cool!!!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 14, 2010, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I will wait till it’s on cable…

Posted by Won_Two on June 14, 2010, 11:24 PM report to moderator
Rose1_thumb

Holy God! xD

Posted by Liara on June 15, 2010, 05:45 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

AHAHAAAAA :L I clicked on the link just for the moustache! Rupert, you’re too cool :) <3

Gryffcutie_thumb

I hope Wild Target comes to the US because I would definitely go see it. It looks like a good movie.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 15, 2010, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Good liuck rupert

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 15, 2010, 03:14 PM report to moderator

The trailer is just too funny. Hope this one makes it to US so we can all enjoy it.

Posted by hewy on June 15, 2010, 05:07 PM report to moderator

"Well, er, if you must know, Ginny, er, walked in on me the other day when I was -- well, never mind -- the point is, she spotted me doing something and I, um, I asked her not to mention it to anybody. I must say, I did think she'd keep her word. It's not