Rupert Grint, Bill Nighy: "Wild Target" Roundup

Grint
Posted by: Rosi
June 14, 2010, 10:07 AM

With the UK cinema release of "Wild Target" coming up this Friday, 18th June, actors Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) and Bill Nighy (Rufus Scrimgeour) have recently taken part in a number of interviews; both actors star in leading roles in the comedy film alongside Emily Blunt. Firstly, thanks to our Order Partner RupertGrint.net we can link you to a new interview First News Children's Newspaper conducted with Grint in which the actor talks about future projects, ski jumping and his favourite experiences while filming "Wild Target":

Q: Do you want to do all-out action films?
Grint:
I definitely enjoyed this, although my character isn't the most deadly: he's afraid of everything. But yes, it could be fun. Anything that's different and a bit of a change is something that I'm keen to do.
You can read the full interview via this link.

Secondly, also thanks to RupertGrint.net we have a new video from the "Wild Target" press junket here in our video galleries. BBC Switch's "The 5:19 Show" interviewed Nighy, Grint and their co-stars; the video shows a short clip of the film as well as snippets of advice from the actors on how to best look like a villain. Nighy sums up the film's plot in one breath while Grint talks about being slapped by co-star Emily Blunt ("The Young Victoria", "The Devil Wears Prada"). Watch the full video in our galleries at this link.

Grint additionally took part in a lengthy interview with WalesOnline about the film. The actor talks briefly about working with Nighy, commenting, “He’s brilliant. You pick up a lot, just from working with him. He’s very calm, gentle and hilarious as well, so we had a lot of fun." Grint also talks about the differences between working on Harry Potter and the far quicker pace of filming "Wild Target". The full interview can be found here on the Wales Online website.

The fashion supplement of British newspaper The Telegraph spoke to Bill Nighy about the part costume plays in the actor's decision to go for or accept a role.
Nighy: Joanna Johnston (the costume designer) did persuade me into Lycra trousers for ‘Love Actually’ once, and that was rather fun. But, if I’m to be seen in public, I want to look my best. My muse is basically a two-piece, two-button, single pleat, single-vented lounge suit. There is a notable lack of classical roles on my cv. I couldn’t operate in doublet and hose, and as for a cod-piece.. well, puh-lease! That’s why I was drawn to Wild Target - it’s my kind of role, my kind of wardrobe.
On another note, the article also features a video in which Nighy talks at length about the potential impact a Robin Hood Tax would have on the world. You can read the full interview and see some photos of Nighy in a variety of suits, as well as some stills from "Wild Target" at this link.

Lastly, "Wild Target" will be screening at the 56th TaorminaFilmFest in Taormina, Italy. The film will be shown at 9.30pm on the 18th of June, the last night of the festival at the Teatro Antico. You can buy either €8 or €12 tickets to the screening here at the TicketOne website.

Stay close to Leaky for more updates, videos and interviews related to "Wild Target" as Friday approaches.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Please I want to see this in America! First! =)

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 14, 2010, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I want to see this movie!

Posted by Jacket on June 14, 2010, 10:42 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

this looks so fab

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on June 14, 2010, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

I hope this is as good as it sounds.

Posted by Finny on June 14, 2010, 11:15 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Bill Nighy is awesome. Hopefully I’ll be able to go see this movie but, if not I will buy it on DVD. I still havent seen Cherrybomb altho I think it is in theaters now.

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 14, 2010, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

haha bill is such a diva

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 14, 2010, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

Rupert looks a little weird in the photo, but if it comes to america i’ll rent it.

Posted by jedisakora on June 14, 2010, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

i want to see that film
rupert looks somehow strange^^

Posted by Ness95 on June 14, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator
91276076-92c0d0bb89d5acf6cf757ac328660480

looks good, going to see it on Saturday.

Posted by Mischief_Managed *Roar* on June 14, 2010, 12:36 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I want to see it!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 14, 2010, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Get excited everytime i see the ad to this film, looks amazing. Rupert is such an amazing comedic actor i’m so glad his career is doing well away from hp, think he will go the furthest. Can’t wait for it to come out on dvd so i can see it :D:D:D:D

Posted by spiritbound on June 14, 2010, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

It’s the beard. We are all used to seeing a clean faced young red headed boy. Go Rupert

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on June 14, 2010, 01:48 PM report to moderator

good 4 him!!!!!

Posted by Mew5645 on June 14, 2010, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

I really hope this comes over to us in the US, it looks like a great movie!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on June 14, 2010, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Picture1_thumb

I was wondering what was going on with this movie. Good luck!

Posted by blue4t on June 14, 2010, 03:06 PM report to moderator

"Muggle magic tricks!" said Fred happily, pointing them out. "For freaks like Dad, you know, who love Muggle stuff. It's not a big earner, but we do fairly steady business, they're great novelties."