Felton: Potter Actors Don't Know Where "Deathly Hallows" Will Split

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
June 14, 2010, 02:04 PM

The Press Association has some new quotes from Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) in which the actor confirms that the Harry Potter cast are unaware of where the split will come between the last two films in the Harry Potter series.

"We don't know where the cut's going to be," says Felton, "[e]veryone keeps asking us 'where is the cut?' but they've shot it kind of all as one and I think they're going to wait and see whatever feels right."

The actor talks of the cast's relief at finding out that there would be two films for the seventh book, which Felton describes as "the most important chapter of the whole story."

Lastly, Felton also comments on the way it feels to leave Draco Malfoy behind:

I kind of use him as therapy in a way. I get to build up these angers and frustrations and then vent it through this evil little Hitler child. Without it I may have to go to therapy - maybe it's time to vent that way!
You can read the full story at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Bellatrix_thumb

The cut I think will be when Harry and Ron fight and Ron leaves because i saw an interesting article at mugglenet.com saying that’s when the split will take place

Posted by gryffindor234 on June 15, 2010, 05:12 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Yeah, IChreechree, I think that`s what he meant…just didn`t come out the best.

I wonder where they`ll cut?! I wonder how they do that after they shoot the films as a whole. I’m assuming they have additional pieces to add onto a piece that was not originally meant as a semi-finale? Or, will DH I just end abruptly…sending us all into a frenzy? I guess we’ll have to wait and see…

Posted by Smitch on June 15, 2010, 08:27 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

I’m not surprised really.. there is so much attention around the actors/resses that they probably wouldn’t risk it.. But then again.. they must have a clue from the way it was filmed :)

Ronhermione_thumb

Love the Draco/Hitler thing :P
With Draco being a little Facist, he sure is hot ;)

And I’m worried about my History teacher :L He thought Hitler was seeeeexy.. Umm :S

We all know the split is going to be right around the Snatchers capturing them. And LOL @ the “Hitler child” comment. Tom Felton, you are amazing.

Posted by Lily Phoenix on June 15, 2010, 10:27 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Without wanting to get OT here, I’m kind of concerned about Beazy’s comment that their history teacher thinks Hitler is sexy? Gah …

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 15, 2010, 12:04 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I don’t know, I find it hard to believe that none of the actors know where the movies are going to be split. Rumor had it that the split was going to be a Malfoy Manor. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 15, 2010, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

Oh wow. So no one knows. That’s actually quite exciting.

Posted by Finny on June 15, 2010, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Img_3265_thumb

I kinda want it to end like POTC2 ended, because it was sooo funny to hear everyone’s reactions after we just saw Barbosa come back and that’s it! haha that would definitely make people want to come back. but it might also make a lot of people annoyed so i don’t know…

Posted by Alli on June 15, 2010, 04:14 PM report to moderator

Tom is so adorable and does great interviews. The Hitler child remark was on target for Draco but we must remember Draco was a product of his fathers influence. As for the split, don’t really care as long as we get the two movies soon!!!!

Posted by hewy on June 15, 2010, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Choco_dementor_thumb

" evil little Hitler child" haha XD Not that Hitler is funny…I just find it funny that he described Malfoy that way.

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on June 15, 2010, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Gosh not even the cast! knows where it’s going to split ha.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 15, 2010, 08:53 PM report to moderator

Okay, calling Draco an ‘Evil little Hitler child’ seriously made me crack up.
I think that is really weird that they dont know, and they were the ones who did the movie!
I bet the split will be when they are about to be taken by the snatchers.
I bet they will end it with a dramatic line and then they will slowly have the picture fade and end it there. I hope they dont have:
TO BE CONTINUED.
That would completely ruin it.

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitterâ„¢ on June 16, 2010, 09:28 AM report to moderator

The best place for the split – I think ? – would be when they set the Gringotts dragon free, and they are resting on the bank of the lake – Harry suddenly sees Voldy at the gates and says " HE’s at Hogwarts !!! " CUT !!!

There will then be the stuff happening at Hogsmeade – then Neville/ the Room of Requirement and the Battle at Hogwarts – plenty for the very last movie !

It seems the right place to cut – the first film with Harry hiding and looking for Horcruxes, the second set at Hogwarts / Hogsmeade as Harry et al finish the job !

Posted by Prof Thicky on June 17, 2010, 12:32 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"See, they're not too bright," said George, seizing five or six gnomes at once. "The moment they know the de-gnoming's going on they storm up to have a look. You'd think they'd have learned by now just to stay put."