Felton: Potter Actors Don't Know Where "Deathly Hallows" Will Split

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
June 14, 2010, 02:04 PM

The Press Association has some new quotes from Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) in which the actor confirms that the Harry Potter cast are unaware of where the split will come between the last two films in the Harry Potter series.

"We don't know where the cut's going to be," says Felton, "[e]veryone keeps asking us 'where is the cut?' but they've shot it kind of all as one and I think they're going to wait and see whatever feels right."

The actor talks of the cast's relief at finding out that there would be two films for the seventh book, which Felton describes as "the most important chapter of the whole story."

Lastly, Felton also comments on the way it feels to leave Draco Malfoy behind:

I kind of use him as therapy in a way. I get to build up these angers and frustrations and then vent it through this evil little Hitler child. Without it I may have to go to therapy - maybe it's time to vent that way!
You can read the full story at this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hpdh_thumb

evil hitler child sums it up

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on June 14, 2010, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Picture0278_thumb

So sad, yet so exciting. =( I’ve been wondering where the cut will be as well, hopefully it won’t be an action packed scene. I don’t wanna be left with a huge anxious cliffhanger :P

Posted by Veela-Draconis on June 14, 2010, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am curious as to where they will decide to separate the two films. That said, I am intrigued as to the logic they will use to justify the choice as well.

Posted by Kirk on June 14, 2010, 05:15 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Hitler child.LOL.luffes Tom to death Gotta love him.I hope they do this right, personally I have very strong doubts after OOTP and HBP but I’ll try and be positive for DH.

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 14, 2010, 05:20 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Oooooh! He knows how to make us smile! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on June 14, 2010, 05:31 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

Who cares where they decide to split the movies, just get them to us sooner.

Posted by taoist1 on June 14, 2010, 06:13 PM report to moderator

i think it should stop at a point in the middle where people really want to know more so they can leave it a bit vague and people are still wondering. when movies end like that i just want to make sure i see the next movie right away when it comes oput

Posted by caralina100 on June 14, 2010, 06:23 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I’ve got no idea where the split should be, if they follow on from the previous films and end on a happy point then it would probably be when Ron comes back. But if they want some tension and suspense then it would probably end when the snatchers turn up or when Ron leaves, either way i don’t mind where the put the split as long as they include Molly’s EPIC line and the house elves charging from the kitchens to fight in the name of Harry Potter, if both of those stay in i’ll be very happy indeed. :)

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on June 14, 2010, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

I think it is going to split when doby dies. That would be a great place. We can anticipate the rest of the movie and talk about how we think the rest will pan out during that awful wait of the second part. I am so said to see this all end even though I think jo should cont. in a couple of years with the next generation of hogwart students. You never know maybe one of the good guys children follows voldys lead that would be a good twist oh well we will see.

Posted by Roseann on June 14, 2010, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I can’t wait to see where the split is!

Posted by Jacket on June 14, 2010, 08:27 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I hope they split it after the escape from Malfoy Manor. To close with Dobby’s funeral would be fitting.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 14, 2010, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Well Tom and the cast may not know where the split is but I do know they have decided on it. A recent interview of David Heyman with MuggleCast confirmed that he knows where the split is but he wouldn’t say what it was. All he said is that it’s going to be good! :) As for Tom, I love him! I love how he calls Draco as a little Hitler child. :P

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 14, 2010, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

why??? they are doing most of the work acting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 14, 2010, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Where is the split???

Posted by Won_Two on June 14, 2010, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Deathly_hallows_thumb

The “END” hasn’t hit me yet. Maybe after I see the two movies it will. Personally, I hope it ends during Xeno’s house. The last line of the first movie being “Are you referring to the Deathly Hallows?” This would make everyone want to find out (for those who don’t know) what the Hallows are, and will come back next Summer.

Posted by TheThirdBrother on June 14, 2010, 11:55 PM report to moderator

"...well, you wouldn't understand... you're too young..."[br]"That's what my dad said at the World Cup," said Ron, with a trace of irritation in his voice. "Try us, why don't you."[br]A grin flashed across Sirius's thin face.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014