Dan Radcliffe Discusses the Last Day of Filming "Deathly Hallows"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
June 14, 2010, 03:03 AM

Yesterday at the Tony Awards, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) spoke about wrapping up the shooting of "Deathly Hallows":

"'Everyone was really devastated. It was really, really sad,' Radcliffe said Sunday. '[We] were crying quite a lot.' ...When asked how it felt to end his role as the boy wizard, Radcliffe said, 'It's a weird, weird feeling.'"
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be released in theatres November 19th, 2010, and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Ginevra_thumb

I would imagine for them, this is like leaving family.

Posted by It's Ginevra on June 14, 2010, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

So sad it’s ending! It must be so hard for everyone involved in the films. Especially the kids because they grew up doing it.

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 14, 2010, 05:08 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

SO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

Posted by Pollytomat on June 14, 2010, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

As with him, I am distraught to hear that the franchise is approaching it’s end and cannot imagine the emotional toll the cast is experiencing as it says farewell.

Posted by Kirk on June 14, 2010, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Got-eight-houses_thumb

Posted by JulietBlack on June 14, 2010, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

It is like saying good bye to a friend you have had for so long right. I will miss the excitement of a new HP book, the excitment of a new HP movie, and of course my wicked HP release parties. We will miss you all very much. Can not wait to see what you all do next now that HP is done or is it lol

Posted by Roseann on June 14, 2010, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

POOR CAST AND FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 14, 2010, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Smaller_lily_thumb

Okay, that’s it, im not holding back….. WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :‘’’(

Posted by Lilypotter27 on June 15, 2010, 03:31 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

it’s sad to face this kind of things… although there’s still the two other movies, yet it feels like we’re nearing the end and i hate it… i just hope that after a few years, harry potter would still be with us… and i really miss the excitement of having sleepless nights because i was anticipating what would be in the next harry potter book to be released… and the movies too…. nothing beats harry potter although there are other magical books coming in the stores…. not even vampires and werewolves could beat harry potter….

Posted by margareth_6teengal on June 15, 2010, 05:46 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Aaaah no!!! My eyes are filling up with tears… STOOOOOP IT!!!! Great, now my nose is running :L Not literally though, seeing a nose on legs would be pretty funny :P
Phew I didn’t cry :)

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS to the cast :‘) :’)

P1010036_thumb

This brings tears to my eyes. My Son (27) who has watch me throughout the years of Harry Potter and even accompanied me to several events when I could not go unless he did so, asked me the other day and I “what are you going to do now that Harry Potter is all over” I, did not have an answer that I could have given him without bursting into tears. I just told him that I have two movies left and that even if I had to go by myself I would visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter next year. I am crying now!!!!!!!

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on June 15, 2010, 11:20 AM report to moderator

It really is sad that it is all over. Come 2011 after the last film that’s when the reality of not having any more movies to look forward to will really kick in. It was bad enough after the last book was released! This must be like breaking up a real family, soooooo sad!

Posted by hewy on June 15, 2010, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I can’t believe it. It’s hard to believe we are coming to the end of an era. Thank you to all the actors who devoted so much of their lives to bring the world of Harry Potter to life. I wish them all the best in their futures. I am so proud to call myself a Potterholic.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 15, 2010, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

i just cant believe it…and im feeling like crying as well!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on June 15, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator

Thats sad. I really cant believe its ended. I cant imagine how devestated the actors are..

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitterâ„¢ on June 16, 2010, 09:30 AM report to moderator

"Ah... reading magazines under the table as well?" Snape added, snatching up the copy of [i]Witch Weekly.[/i] "A further ten points from Gryffindor... oh but of course..." Snape's black eyes glittered as they fell on Rita Skeeter's article. "Potter has to