"Hogwarts Experience" for Harry Potter Attraction at Leavesden Studios

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 10:31 PM

An article in the Times, which also confirmed actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Sir Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbldore) as attending the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening next week, also revealed some new details about the plans underway for the Harry Potter experience set to be constructed at Leavesden Studios, the home of the film production of the eight Potter films.  Relating that the project aims to create a "Hogwarts experience," the paper reports:
Although the Leavesden site will not be as large and will consciously not be a theme park, it will provide fans with the real costumes and sets used in the films.
There will be replicas of characters, as well as clothes worn by Hermione Granger, played by Emma Watson, Voldemort, Rubeus Hagrid, Professor Filius Flitwick and the Weasley family.
The centre will also showcase the craft and technical skills needed for a successful film franchise. Britain has a world-leading reputation in these fields.
...
Visitors to the Warner Bros studio in Leavesden will be able to immerse themselves in the Harry Potter movies that have been shot there. They will be able to:
-- Walk through the Great Hall at Hogwarts and Dumbledore‚Äôs study
-- See costumes worn by Hermione Granger, Lord Voldemort and Hagrid
-- Learn about film-making
As Leaky has reported previously, the site is set to open sometime in 2012.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

S5001102_thumb

Or Butterbeer even? Dodgy spelling?

Posted by finley on June 13, 2010, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Ohhh! First the Harry Potter Exhibtion in the Ontario Science Center, then the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and now an actual Warner Bro. filming site. What’s next?

This is wonderful news and it’s about time. Will have to cross the pond to see it but it will be well worth the trip!

Posted by hewy on June 13, 2010, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Will there be pudding???

Posted by Won_Two on June 13, 2010, 05:01 PM report to moderator

Sounds very cool!

Posted by Dawna on June 13, 2010, 05:54 PM report to moderator

WOW!!!!!

Posted by Dumblebridge on June 13, 2010, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_april_003_thumb

that will be so cool!!! now i need to go!

Posted by AbbyWeasley on June 13, 2010, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Thank goodness. those sets should be saved.

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 13, 2010, 08:02 PM report to moderator

Where in the UK is this?

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on June 13, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I think this is just as awesome (and maybe even more awesome) then the theme park in US!! Whenever I head over there, I have to make the trip to do that!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 13, 2010, 08:56 PM report to moderator

Since I doubt I will be able to make it to England for this, I guess I will just have to be happy with living in Florida. I rode Forbidden Journey 5 times today! BEST RIDE EVER!

Posted by DodgeRules on June 13, 2010, 08:57 PM report to moderator
Book_thumb

Oh, I so want to go to this one. Orlando might be OK but this sounds like so much more what I’d be looking for. Now why are there only a few original costumes here? Where are the rest of them going?

Posted by jillians642 on June 13, 2010, 09:06 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I really hope there will be pudding!

Posted by Won_Two on June 14, 2010, 12:06 AM report to moderator
Screen-capture_thumb

The Leavesden Studios site can be seen on GoogleEarth. At the highest resolution it is possible to see the Great Hall, Hagrid’s Hut and Privet Drive. It’s not an enormous place, if you can imagine how much car parking is needed for most attractions. However with some landscaping and more props, like the Knight Bus, I’d still queue to get in.

Posted by minerva-rules-uk on June 14, 2010, 09:08 AM report to moderator
Asp10_thumb

This sounds so cool! I doubt I’ll ever get the chance to go, but just knowing that others will experience it thrills me.

Posted by Finny on June 14, 2010, 11:09 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Now, what we're studyin' today is pretty rare, I reckon I'm probably the on'y person in Britain who's managed ter train 'em --"[br]"And you're sure they're trained, are [br]you?" said Malfoy, the panic in his voice even more pronounced now. "Only it woul