"Hogwarts Experience" for Harry Potter Attraction at Leavesden Studios

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 10:31 PM

An article in the Times, which also confirmed actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Sir Michael Gambon (Professor Dumbldore) as attending the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening next week, also revealed some new details about the plans underway for the Harry Potter experience set to be constructed at Leavesden Studios, the home of the film production of the eight Potter films.  Relating that the project aims to create a "Hogwarts experience," the paper reports:
Although the Leavesden site will not be as large and will consciously not be a theme park, it will provide fans with the real costumes and sets used in the films.
There will be replicas of characters, as well as clothes worn by Hermione Granger, played by Emma Watson, Voldemort, Rubeus Hagrid, Professor Filius Flitwick and the Weasley family.
The centre will also showcase the craft and technical skills needed for a successful film franchise. Britain has a world-leading reputation in these fields.
...
Visitors to the Warner Bros studio in Leavesden will be able to immerse themselves in the Harry Potter movies that have been shot there. They will be able to:
-- Walk through the Great Hall at Hogwarts and Dumbledore’s study
-- See costumes worn by Hermione Granger, Lord Voldemort and Hagrid
-- Learn about film-making
As Leaky has reported previously, the site is set to open sometime in 2012.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Panda_thumb

I won’t be able to go to WWoHP for 3 years, but this is great too! I love film-making and that sort of thing, so this will be super-interesting! :) Can’t wait!

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on June 13, 2010, 07:03 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Now THAT is awesome! And so much closer to Denmark!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on June 13, 2010, 07:09 AM report to moderator
Always_thumb

OMG so excited!!! Was so gutted the theme park is in america cos no way i can get there for years and years. But i will definatly be at leavesden !!! omg excited much!! :D

Posted by spiritbound on June 13, 2010, 07:25 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

:))))) Theme park is just too far, but this is something I will definitely visit…

Posted by Petra on June 13, 2010, 07:46 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Thats pretty awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 13, 2010, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Awesoooooome :D Now we have a mock-HP themepark :) But I’m still going to the one in the US :D

Harry_snl_thumb

Ooh! That sounds sooooo cool. I love this!

Dsc02812__2__thumb

I think this is fabulous. I like too that they are presenting it as the film site, not another theme park. The original sets, etc have a draw all to themselves. Hope to make it across the Atlantic to see this some day as well :)

Posted by Lillylove on June 13, 2010, 09:17 AM report to moderator

Awesome! I really want to go!

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on June 13, 2010, 09:31 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Wow this looks awesome! I think I’ll be able to go I live in Ireland but I’ll save for the ticket at least it’s closer than florida

Posted by IloveDobby on June 13, 2010, 09:40 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

woohoo that is so cool … it sounds like a mix of the WWOHP and the HP Exhibit. I would totally love to go visit there some day :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 13, 2010, 11:39 AM report to moderator
Iopenattheclose_thumb

It think it will be cool seeing props they used in the movies i could care less about how they were filmed though

Posted by Makasoul on June 13, 2010, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

When? I’m heading to England within the year.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on June 13, 2010, 01:22 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I am really happy for Great Britain’s Harry Potter fans! Now they can get to see the costumes and hopefully some of the sets. This would be a great place to visit.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 13, 2010, 02:51 PM report to moderator
S5001102_thumb

About bleeding time they had something in Britain! Maybe the opening will inspire a Leaky con?!? BIG HINT! And “eccentricalice” I am already 42 and hoping to get to wwohp in couple of years with the kids, so dont feel too bad? Also live near Leavesden, in Surrey and cant wait to go but will they have Butterbear?? I dont think so. Maybe we should start a petition to them or Jo????

Posted by finley on June 13, 2010, 03:28 PM report to moderator

"I am afraid... I am afraid that you are in grave danger!" Professor Trelawney finished dramatically.[br]There was a pause. Professor Umbridge surveyed Professor Trelawney.[br]"Right," she said softly, scribbling on her clipboard once more. "Well, if that