"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Filming Wraps Today

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 01:19 PM

After ten years of production, filming of the Harry Potter movies is set to wrap today, June 12th.  According to a twitter update by actor Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook), principal photography on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was completed today.  He tweets:

The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and "Deathly Hallows" Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ootp_tumblr_thumb

i wonder what the last scene they filmed was. they were supposed to be finishing at kings cross, right?

Posted by hermy007 on June 12, 2010, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

best of luck to all the actors/actresses that participated in their future careers, now with Harry Potter Films on their resumes, they can literally do anything they want :) and my only hope is that if any remakes are made 20 years from now, they will keep the destruction of the weasley house out of it!! that part was completely unnecessary

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on June 12, 2010, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Picture0278_thumb

This makes me sad and excited at the same time. Sad that it’s the end, excited to see the end. But Harry Potter will ALWAYS live on in my life, even if the books and movies are no more.

Posted by Veela-Draconis on June 12, 2010, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Trio_walking_icon_thumb

I CANT BELIEVE ITS OVER I’m going to be depressed for days. Yesterday when we learned Tom Felton was done I started to get depressed and I was so nervous to check Leaky today. this makes me sick to my stomach (sobs in corner) :*(

Posted by Peverell62442 on June 12, 2010, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Maybe it was the last day, but the magic will always live on..

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on June 12, 2010, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Hayley3_1__thumb

Oh my gosh thats sooo sad!! That must be huge for the cast! :( I mean I guess its a relief to finish such a big thing like this but I would be in tears if it was my last day of doing something this incredible that lasted for 10 years!! Congrats to the cast and crew and we thank you for all the time you put into it!!

Posted by roflravenclaw on June 12, 2010, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

wow. sigh. all things must pass.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on June 12, 2010, 06:39 PM report to moderator

This update really makes the end real…so sad. Think I need to pull my books out again!

Posted by Dawna on June 12, 2010, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Hp___dh_40_thumb

wow. this is kinda sad and so wierd. hp has just such a big part of my life and i cant believe these movies will be ending soon

Posted by iheartpink(ROAR) on June 12, 2010, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_6th_thumb

its OVERRRRRRRRR AGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
DX DX DX

Posted by likeameteor on June 12, 2010, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Molly_weasley_thumb

I’m seriously crying… OMG. I knew this was coming and yet the actual announcement of it still shocked and saddened me. We still have the actual movies to see, but it’s just not the same. This is the beginning of the end. {Tear}

Posted by ~*Prof.*Rose*Weasley*~{ROAR!!!} on June 12, 2010, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

And the end of ends dawns…

Posted by friendofblob on June 12, 2010, 07:16 PM report to moderator
47_thumb
1996 Points

aww, omg, i seriously want to cry :/
this is so bitter sweet. <3

Posted by ronlvr44 on June 12, 2010, 07:23 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

The Harry Potter experience has been a wonderful enlivening period in my life at a time when my ability to get out and about independently was reduced through failing health. I am grateful to Jo Rowling for her creation and for being the kind of person she is. She set the standards and as a result we have had a truly remarkable literary and filmic phenomenon and talent and inspiration has simply poured out of the people involved in it. Those of you who grew up with Harry will have wonderful memories to carry with you into the future and share with your own children. Take heart, Harry will be the Boy Who Lived for a long time to come.

Posted by Graymayne on June 12, 2010, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Sany1464_thumb

What will life be when there is no countdown to keep up with, no anticipation for the next movie, waiting for hours to be immensely satisfied by 2 hours of Harry. Oh the horror that will occur in the next year so many people will be lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by atarigurl05 on June 12, 2010, 07:44 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

It felt very odd to be issuing instructions, but not nearly as odd as seeing them followed.