"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Filming Wraps Today

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 01:19 PM

After ten years of production, filming of the Harry Potter movies is set to wrap today, June 12th.  According to a twitter update by actor Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook), principal photography on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was completed today.  He tweets:

The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and "Deathly Hallows" Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Stag_1__thumb

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is almost more then a POTTER fan can take. The rap on the last movies installment is done and the lights are turned out on the greast fantasy ride anyone can take. Thank’s to everyone involved in the series and may you all go on to lead wonderful and meaning lives LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER :)

Posted by doublecore on June 12, 2010, 05:10 PM report to moderator

so sad… still remeber waiting in line to see the first movie. My mom had even made me a costume… ;*(

Posted by Evagirl on June 12, 2010, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Jd_thumb

This is so sad! I can’t believe it’s over! I can only imagine how the cast and crew are feeling….

Posted by hp_flower {WBM} on June 12, 2010, 05:19 PM report to moderator

I dread the moment November and June roll around. I wish the time would keep doubling and we’d never have to say good-bye to the movies. :-(

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on June 12, 2010, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

It’s definitely bittersweet and shocking that all this has ended (filming wise).. after 10 long years. :( But Harry still lives on no matter what. <3

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 12, 2010, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

The article made my cry, then this from @accioangela:

<<“He’ll never be gone. Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him.” So let’s keep the fandom alive, people! HARRY POTTER LIVES!!!>>

made me cry even harder. It’s like we’ve all graduated from Hogwarts now. We’ve gone through every moment from beginning to end and now it really is the end. I can’t believe it. But I am hanging on to the quote, above, and all the friends I’ve made here through Harry. I love you guys.

LONG LIVE THE BOY WHO LIVED!

and

LONG LIVE LEAKY!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on June 12, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Bittersweet end of era. But it’s been a good ride, mostly.

Posted by vespasian68967 on June 12, 2010, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Th_goficons-mmarauder-38_thumb

Such a sad day! I know we still have to watch these films, but until now there’s always been a new one to make! No more first pics of Hagrid’s hut! No more casting news! sniff A HUGE thank you to the cast and crew of these amazing films. Thanks for 10 years of bringing Harry’s world to life. We appreciate it more than you know. Looking forward to seeing everyone in their post-HP careers!

Posted by mrh216 on June 12, 2010, 05:52 PM report to moderator
15657683_thumb

Oh my God, this is heartbreaking. Thank you guys for the good work done in the past ten years; the movies might not be on par with the books, but they have been a great source of entertainment. Again, thank you. You will be missed.

Posted by Cellar Door [*SQUEE!*] on June 12, 2010, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Hbpposter_harryandginny_thumb

Well at least on the bright side, we still have to see the films. And I’m sure even though filming has wrapped, you can bet the cast will still be making plenty of appearances for the opening of the theme park and before the release of both halves of the final film. So it’s not completely over yet. But still a little sad to see it starting to end…

Posted by kleigh629 on June 12, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

holy crap, i can’t believe it’s over. it’s ironic, when i started reading this i was a scrawny little 4th grader, and now, here i am, a year from college this is crazy i tell you craziness! by the time i see the hogwarts express leave for the last time, i’ll officialy be an adult. it’ll be my induction into the adult world. yippee.

Posted by hermy007 on June 12, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

course, i know adults love hp too, but still. harry will be all grown up, and so will i. (sniff sniff) :(

Posted by hermy007 on June 12, 2010, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

I only got teary when I finished the last book. Well, actually, when Hedwig died, and then… all the others.
I already know how it ends, of course, but I am really excited to see the movies.
I wonder if I should stop going to the HP movies as a Slytherin and maybe dress as an adult character?

Posted by Hydrus on June 12, 2010, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

Posted by Hydrus on June 12, 2010, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

Posted by Hydrus on June 12, 2010, 06:00 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" said Ron.[br]Hermione ignored him and spoke to Harry.[br]"I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying --"[br]"Bet you could," Ron muttered.