"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Filming Wraps Today

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 01:19 PM

After ten years of production, filming of the Harry Potter movies is set to wrap today, June 12th.  According to a twitter update by actor Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook), principal photography on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was completed today.  He tweets:

The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and "Deathly Hallows" Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Wand_thumb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 12, 2010, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Avatarki_youloveit_ru_harry_potter_1054_thumb

I cannot believe. I want to say thanks to director, all actors for pleasure)

Posted by Luna Lovegood on June 12, 2010, 02:33 PM report to moderator

ughhh…. no new harry adventures and hogwarts
Even though ill miss that the series ended i will still be a die hard potter fan

Posted by butterbeerwand on June 12, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Aaaaaaaaaaaah NOOOOOOOOO :‘( Please don’t let my cry!

Harry_potter_seal_thumb

It’s over I don’t know whether to be happy or sad!

Posted by Jacket on June 12, 2010, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Siggielost_without_you_thumb

Aww nooo, I feel like cryingg

Nevertheless, it’s been a mighty era. Viva la Potter!

Posted by .whiteflower on June 12, 2010, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Oh my gosh! It’s finally finished…….ten years of work. Leaving everything behind and moving on, I feel like bursting into tears, I wonder how they feel? I wish it didn’t have to end. This is injustice!

Dhsmall_thumb

Starting reading the whole series again and just finished book 1. Damn these books are fantastic!

Posted by akcorr on June 12, 2010, 02:49 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

At first, the end of Lost… “It’s just a show but it feels like loosing a friend”… It was very sad… But I survived. I don’t imagine how I will felt when i see the last part of DH. “The end of an Era” – so true! And if in the case of Lost there will be some substitute, another good show to talk about, HP is irreplaceable. SAAAAAAAAAD!

Posted by Pollytomat on June 12, 2010, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Hinkypunk2_thumb

Maybe she’ll write a whole series of books with them coming back to Hogwarts as teachers and a fresh batch of students!!!

Posted by Hinkypunk on June 12, 2010, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Aww no!!!!!!! tears

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on June 12, 2010, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Funny-pictures-you-must-answer-riddles-to-pee_thumb

I didn’t think I would actually shed a tear over this, because as fans we can go back to the books, films, etc all the time if we wanted… but I did when I read Warwick’s tweets this morning. Now it all kind of feels… different.

Posted by Jessi on June 12, 2010, 03:16 PM report to moderator

i’m actually crying… it’s been an amazing, amazing AMAZING time and i love these films soooo much! they have never been anything compared to the books but they are still magic and i just can’t believe it’s over… it’s been usch a huge part of my childhood, and now ’’teenagehood’’ as you might say!
I will always love the books and the films and we;ve still got the encyclopedia to come!! xx

Posted by Freya-Storm on June 12, 2010, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Lilyjames_thumb

I’m not really sure how to react to that. I’m excited because it means the movies are coming, but sad that it means no more harry potter movies after the last two… I wish the best to the cast and crew in their futures!

Posted by thewandofdestiny {WBM} on June 12, 2010, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Http_3a_2f_2f24

no that’s impossible i don’t want it to finish :’( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Emmaria on June 12, 2010, 03:26 PM report to moderator

"Yeh're goin' ter win," Hagrid growled, patting Harry's shoulder again, so that Harry actually felt himself sink a couple of inches into the soft ground. "I know it. I can feel it. [i]Yeh're goin' ter win, Harry."[/i]