"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Filming Wraps Today

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 01:19 PM

After ten years of production, filming of the Harry Potter movies is set to wrap today, June 12th.  According to a twitter update by actor Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook), principal photography on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was completed today.  He tweets:

The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and "Deathly Hallows" Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

553520_488880994466250_43107597_n_thumb

“The end of an era”… I just found myself sitting here with tears on my face.
Sad, so sad.. :*/

Posted by Asria (DreamLight208) on June 14, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator

Wow, Form the beginning it seemed it would never end and now the end is here. Kind of like death, always will meet you in the end. I really like this bio on the deathly hallows, http://www.imax.com/movie/HarryPotterAndTheDeathlyHallowsPart1/ it has a lot of information about the movies and other movies.

Posted by NateKerra on June 14, 2010, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Hg_thumb

Congratulations to all the cast and crew. All of your hard work will live on long after you’re gone. What a legacy!

Posted by Chreechree on June 14, 2010, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Bneerhsg_thumb

even though the last movies are coming out, i will still love harry potter until the day i die. i couldnt imagine my life without harry potter..

Posted by AlecsWeasley on June 14, 2010, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__thumb
42083 Points

HP will never be truely over. It will live on (just like Dumbledore) as long as there are fans who remain loyal to it.

Posted by RandomPottĪ£rInk (^HISS^) on June 14, 2010, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Got-eight-houses_thumb

i cannot beleve that this day has finally come. the day all harry poter fans dreaded.

Posted by JulietBlack on June 14, 2010, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Me_with_curly_hair_thumb

It doesn’t have to end! We can keep the fandom alive! Let’s all make a pact, here and now, to pass this along to the next generation and have them pass it down to the next one after that and so on! HP will never die!

Posted by Umbridgeintraining_^HISS^_[FTC!] on June 14, 2010, 09:38 PM report to moderator
Me_with_curly_hair_thumb

Quidditch-scene-from-harr-001_thumb

My heart pains. ;( I won’t ever forget the Harry Potter world and I will remember that it was and still is the biggest franchise and phenomenon in writing history that took the world by storm. The movies, however, are based on the books, so they can change minor things and add scenes in the movies to add the excitement and suspense. Although, the movies were excellent. I am going to die being a Harry Potter fan, along with being a Jo Rowling fan! This magic doesn’t end here, no certianly not! :P

…Let it live!

Posted by Paul Nepinak:D on June 15, 2010, 12:04 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I agree- a thank you website should be made. I grew with this series and it was always there during so much for the past 10 years, as each one changed I did too. Thanks everyone on this production

Posted by KiwiMcI on June 15, 2010, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Z_thumb

:‘( Oh sad!! Im marking this day on my calendar!!! I cant believe it!! After a decade of continuous work on Harry, it’s over!! Good luck to all the great actors / actresses! :)
I hope they make more movies though, with all of them together! (Dont know how that will work out though…)
Still, it’s been a great experience! :(
Great work Jo! :)
“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I” will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and “Deathly Hallows” Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011." ….

Posted by chocolaterabbits on June 16, 2010, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

Something to ponder …

If you could pay a $100 to a hypnotist to make you forget the entire seven books, so that you could re-read it with all the excitement of the first time, and it works, would you do it?

Sign me up.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on June 16, 2010, 01:33 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I feel a bit empty -

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on June 21, 2010, 10:41 AM report to moderator

He could not help feeling that his first foray into Occlumency had weakened his mind's resistance rather than strengthening it, and he wondered, with a feeling of great trepidation, what had happened to make Lord Voldemort the happiest he had been in four

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014