"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Filming Wraps Today

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 01:19 PM

After ten years of production, filming of the Harry Potter movies is set to wrap today, June 12th.  According to a twitter update by actor Warwick Davis (Professor Flitwick and Griphook), principal photography on "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was completed today.  He tweets:

The end of an Era - today is officially the last day of principal photography on 'Harry Potter' - ever. I feel honoured to be here as the director shouts cut for the very last time. Farewell Harry & Hogwarts, it's been magic! x
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will arrive in theaters November 19, 2010, and "Deathly Hallows" Part II" will be released on July 15, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Wicked_poster_by_pixarjunkie_thumb

OH MY GOSH! AAAAAAAH! IT’S OVER!

I seriously cannot believe they’ve finished filming. They’re done.

WOW.

Posted by Scylla on June 12, 2010, 01:39 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

curls up in a ball and sobs OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG AHHH.I’m totally in shock right now, I don’t know what to say.10 years! OMG

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 12, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

IT’S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 12, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator

Ten years and they were lucky to keep pretty much all the major and even minor actors through the series! I always love movie series that stick with that sort of continuity. Congrats to all involved with the series, and in particular the big three who we’ve seen grow up almost on camera the last ten years. I can’t wait to see these last two movies and then sit down some day and watch all eight back-to-back!!

Posted by RainaEmms on June 12, 2010, 01:46 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Oh my gosh … it is the end of the world. Well that’s kind of how it feels. That word ever in Warwick Davis’s quote just feels so dramatic and awful :(
Meh … I am delusional so, I’m still hoping for something else HP to come along and rescue us from The End Of All Things.

Posted by Moose_Starr on June 12, 2010, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

Well its an end of an era.
We are gonna miss Harry and Hogwarts

Posted by blackhair on June 12, 2010, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Hjerte_thumb

Thankfully, its not the end for all of us yet – there’s still a year! (:

Posted by mynameisluna on June 12, 2010, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Wow. Congrats to everyone who works on these films. A decade of great movies. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication. Hey Leaky or anyone for that matter, how does one go about writing a big thank you from all the fans? We should start a thank you website or something to show are appreciation.

Posted by mollywobble on June 12, 2010, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

Remember, everyone! It’s not over until every last Harry Potter fan in the world doesn’t care about it anymore. It’s like what Harry said:

“He’ll never be gone. Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him.”

So let’s keep the fandom alive, people! HARRY POTTER LIVES!!!

Posted by accioangela on June 12, 2010, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Picture1_thumb

That’s so sad. They’ll never be Ron, Harry, and Hermione ever again. We still have the actual last two movies to watch, the games to play, and the park to visit, but this is signaling the end. I’ll always be fan and I hope Dan, Emma, and Rupert (as well as Tom) can keep their careers strong.

Posted by blue4t on June 12, 2010, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

awwwww…its the end of an era officially now once the last movie comes out. I feel so old and honored though to have grown up with the Hogwarts gang!

Posted by Beckster235 on June 12, 2010, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

I can’t believe it :(

Posted by KC Nox on June 12, 2010, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

Best wishes to Dan, Rupert and Emma, hope they do really well in their post-HP careers! And thank you so much to the cast and crew for the films I grew up with! These films have meant so much to me, putting a smile on my face every time, and introducing me to the wonderful world JK Rowling created. :)

Harry Potter isn’t over, and it never will be. Harry lives on!!!

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on June 12, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Ahh,this day came too soon :( as excited i am for these last 2 films i still can’t believe they’re done,i don’t want it to end sob
Congrats and thank you to all the cast&crew!
and i agree @accioangela ,HP will live on in the fandom

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on June 12, 2010, 02:29 PM report to moderator

I think I just might cry. lol I wish nothing but the best for the cast and crew from this legendary series.

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on June 12, 2010, 02:31 PM report to moderator

"Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces," said Professor Lupin. "Wardrobes, the gap beneath beds, the cupboards under sinks -- I've even met one that had lodged itself in a grandfather clock. [i]This[/i] one moved in yesterday afternoon, and I asked the head