Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon to Attend Wizarding World of Harry Potter Grand Opening

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 12, 2010, 10:19 PM

A round of reports have come online regarding cast from the Harry Potter films attending the June 18 grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando Resorts.  First, there is an article online via Central Florida News Channel 13 which is reporting actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) will be attending the grand opening, along with actors James and Oliver Phelps.  Readers will recall last December, TLC first received word that the twins would make an appearance at the park's grand opening.  Next, confirmation has also come online via Rupet-Grint.us that the Ron Weasley actor will also be in attendance.  Lastly, an article in The Times states that "Sir Michael Gambon, who is the headmaster Dumbledore, will fly to Florida for the opening of the new attraction, part of Universal’s existing Islands of Adventure theme park."

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will have its grand opening on June 18.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

Of not being able to go!!!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on June 13, 2010, 01:20 AM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

hahaha YES I WILL BE THERE AT THE OPENING I HOPE I GET TO MEET THEM!

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on June 13, 2010, 01:58 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

I thought Daniel and Rupert were too busy to attend. The newspaper in HK wrote so.

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on June 13, 2010, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

wish i could go there. I just can t wait to see the rides,ollivanders.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 13, 2010, 05:56 AM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

I couldn’t go there anyway. I’m getting my diploma for finishing secondary school on the 18th. I’m going there next year.
But I’m going to the world premiere in London(when I know the date) later this year.

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on June 13, 2010, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Wow — that’s crazy. I hope the organizers do a good job so that the fans will have a chance for autographs. So exciting!

Wand_thumb

I wish I was there for that!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 13, 2010, 08:41 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Funfun!

Dsc02812__2__thumb

Very cool that some of the cast members will be there for the opening! Makes it even more authentic! (It will probably be pretty cool for them as well). All you folks going for the opening, soak it all in for the rest of us til we can make it down too!

Posted by Lillylove on June 13, 2010, 09:14 AM report to moderator

I wish I could go! I have to wait another year I think! NOOOO!
I wish I could see them all, and the looks on all of their faces when the see the attractions, etc.

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on June 13, 2010, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Hopefully I’ll be there in Summer 2011 I wish i could go to leakycon but I’ll still be 13 for a few months then

Posted by IloveDobby on June 13, 2010, 09:37 AM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

An employee told me last September that Jo would also be there! But that was last September and who knows if that was an internal employee rumour, or true but maybe plans have changed, or if she IS planning on being there! I’m going to be there just in case, plus I LOVE Rupert! :D

I’m also worried about how many people are expected, in possible tramplings and also how channel 13 mentioned that maybe not everyone will be able to get into the Hogsmeade area simply because of the crowds!

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on June 13, 2010, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

i like to be there, too, but unfortunally i’m in Germany!!

Posted by Ness95 on June 13, 2010, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Does anyone know how long they’ll be there for?! I’m going to the park on the 20th…. It would be so, SO amazing to see any of them! Especially the Phelps twins, because it seems like whenever they go somewhere, I’m there a couple days later and they’ve already left :[

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on June 13, 2010, 10:57 AM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

i wish i was aloud to going and the only 2 things stopng me is that the next day i have dance show and that i have no way of getting there with out my parnets.

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on June 13, 2010, 11:15 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Why have you got all these letters, Mr. Potter?" she asked slowly.[br]"Is that a crime now?" said Fred loudly. "Getting mail?"[br]"Be careful, Mr. Weasley, or I shall have to put you in detention," said Umbridge.