The End of Harry Potter "Hasn't Sunk In Yet" for Tom Felton

Felton
Posted by: Mel
June 11, 2010, 04:36 PM

In a recent article Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) speaks about how though he's finished filming all the Harry Potter movies the fact that the series is over "hasn't sunk in yet" for him:

"'I was expecting this big emotional breakdown but instead the first AD (assistant director) got out the microphone and listed the names of people who it was their last day and forced the crew for a ripple of applause and then we walked off and that was it,' Tom revealed.
'The reason why it perhaps hasn't sunk in yet is because we always feel like we're going to be asked back for something or other, I'm sure it's not the last time we've seen those studios,' he laughed."
In the article Felton also speaks about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park and how it might help the cast's "withdrawal symptoms" in the future.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

P4093399_thumb

It’s going to be so emotional once he realises it!

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on June 11, 2010, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Ishida_thumb

DX
I don’t want it to end, haha… >.>"

Posted by PoisonXLilly on June 11, 2010, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Ginevra_thumb

to end a project that one has been working on from childhood would be very emotional, very hard to let go of methinks.

Posted by It's Ginevra on June 11, 2010, 05:15 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

I read this on MuggleNet earlier and OMG I started crying!! It’s soooooooooo awful!!! IT’S ALMOST OVER!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh =(
I think the thought that it’s over is gonna hit him hard, after all it’s been his life for 10…11? years. cries

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 11, 2010, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Sniff……I seriously don’t want Harry Potter to end! The books had already ended and the movies were my only reason of survival! Now after ten years, the actors are finally moving out of their childhood home and looking for another path to take, leaving everyone gaping….

Buckbeak_thumb

A writer for the NY Times called this “post-Potter depression.” I sure have it.

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 11, 2010, 05:57 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

@ girlraven

I agree, we all pretty much have it

Post♥ Potter♥ Depression♥

Eeeeep.Why did I put hearts next to that? What the heck?! LOL.Oops
=(

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on June 11, 2010, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Wouldn’t that be weird for something you’ve devoted half your life to to be OVER??? It’s not just the actors, it’s any potter fans who will be experiencing that…including me…boohoo

Posted by i_am_hermione on June 11, 2010, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I cant belive that it is almost over with.

Posted by The Nerd on June 11, 2010, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

Echoing everyone-else’s points; i can’t believe its the end either.

Posted by jedisakora on June 11, 2010, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Hp-lupin-wand-short-100_thumb

Aww they’re gonna have a party after the 2nd part of DH is out. Says in the article. :)

Posted by Lucida on June 11, 2010, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

Oh Merlin I’m gonna cry!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on June 11, 2010, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

I’m so late to all these Harry Potter-related things that I’m on the verge of crying…
Had I discovered this world earlier I would have been able to take more in, during a longer period of time, but now, I only have the last two movies to look forward to :-<
The Theme Park is, of course, always going to be a desired destination, and because I live far away and it’s not so sure I will ever be able to reach it, I will have a link between me, HP and expectations for the future.
But it is still not as strong as the thrill the films give me and nowhere near as powerful as the ones the books do…

Posted by devilskinn on June 11, 2010, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Yeah I remember when the last book came out there were news articles about people to went into depression after the series was over. It will be so sad when the last movie is out.

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 11, 2010, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 11, 2010, 07:04 PM report to moderator

"One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books."