Wizarding World of Harry Potter Soft Open Report RoundUp

Fans
Posted by: Edward
June 01, 2010, 11:47 PM

As readers will recall, this past weekend saw a soft opening for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios Orlando Resorts.  In the following days, a myriad of reports, videos, and photos have made their way online from inside the park itself.  Here is a brief roundup of some of the latest from the Harry Potter theme park.  First up, Attractions Magazine has a report online which details the Forbidden Journey ride, as well as the experience and atmosphere leading visitors into the actual ride.  This report also features a video of the ride itself, in addition to a POV video from the Flight of a Hippogriff ride.

Next, word has come online regarding selected merchandise from the Harry Potter attraction being available at the Official Universal Shop at Orlando International Airport.  InsidetheMagic.net is reporting that the two stores in the airport "have been almost completely taken over by the Wizarding World. Decorations include owl cages, stacked dusty books, and displays with brooms to pose for pictures with. Available merchandise ranges from character magic wands (including Harry Potter’s, Hermione Granger’s, Ron Weasley’s, Dumbledore’s, and even Voldemort’s) and Hogwarts shirts to Remembralls and Honeydukes lollipops."  Photos of the many products contained in the shops can be found right here.

Finally, be sure to keep watch of Leaky's Image and Video Galleries for all the very latest photos and videos of the park.  Our expanding collection now encompasses images from the soft opening of many of the character-inspired guides at Wizarding World, Ollivanders, Honeydukes, and more.  New videos include Parade Magazine's Sneek Peek at the Forbidden Journey ride and a Hogsmeade walkthrough.

Readers who are able to capture their own videos or images from the park are encouraged to email them to staff@leakynews.com.  The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is slated to have its grand opening on June 18.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Avatar1_thumb

I sooooooo want to go. Also my grandma is visting from florida and is at the Orlando International Airport right now!!!!! I hope she gets me something…. but she probably got me something already and I don’t think she knows I like Harry Potter because I just starting liking less than a year ago! Oh well! Wish me luck on getting something from the airport!

Posted by Heather Staples on June 02, 2010, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLY want to go :(

Posted by IloveDobby on June 02, 2010, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I will be there soon!

Posted by Won_Two on June 02, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator

Going to have to save alot or max out the credit cards to afford this! I will be sooooooooooooooo worth it!

Posted by hewy on June 02, 2010, 04:40 PM report to moderator

I can’t seem to find anywhere whether or not the cast, crew, perhaps JKR will be at the Grand Opening on June 18th? Will it be like a movie premiere or will it just be a regular opening? If anyone has info, please let me know! Also, any contests for tickets to the park. Thanks!

Posted by EwolfGirl on June 02, 2010, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Bloody Brillant!! That’s all I can say…. lol :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on June 02, 2010, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

I get to go there on vacation in November!!!! Can’t wait!!!

Posted by jesspotter on June 02, 2010, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I want to go!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 02, 2010, 05:30 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Love all the pics thanxs! I so want something labeled Hufflepuff<3

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 02, 2010, 06:53 PM report to moderator

So excited. I can’t wait till August 12 when i get to go down!

Posted by ashowers36 on June 03, 2010, 10:17 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Yeah since when did Buckbeak have a head made of wicker?! Cool Ravenclaw stuff and you can buy a quaffle- amazing. But I know the second people wandering around in shorts talking in American accents, I’m pretty sure the illusion is gone for me. Though I NEED BUTTERBEER!

Posted by KiwiMcI on June 03, 2010, 12:41 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Good idea DodgeRules, they should open for annual pass holders. I’m not sure how often I’d be able to go though. My question about going into the castle was answered. The castle video was great . Heather Staples I hope your grandmother got you something. hewy, save don’t max out your cc, you’ll regret it later and may need to use it even after saving. jesspotter, after you go don’t forget to go to the Leaky Cauldron’s website and tell us about it. Hope you have a great time. KiwiMcl, I think you’ll be so excited about everything else that you won’t care what accent people have. . I’m so excited to go, but still want to wait until the crowds die down somewhat.

Posted by molly43 on June 03, 2010, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Normal_09012004_thumb

I am going in 17 days, 12 hours and 15 minutes. OMG i am dying of excitement!!! EEEEEE!!!!!

Posted by sarahkaz on June 04, 2010, 02:55 AM report to moderator

It really was amazing the amount of detail they put into it. My friends and I were actually disappointed in the souvenirs, b/c they are way more kiddie than expected, like the remembrall and sneakoscope, and pretty much all the Zonko’s stuff. And quite a few were not even approved for sale yet, like the remote control flying snitch. And they kept running out of stuff. If you have to choose, shop at Filch’s Emporium rather than Dervish and Banges. The chocolate frog is huge and so life-like, I can’t even look at that thing. But, overall, we loved it and are going back for the grand opening!! The Forbidden Journey ride is WOW! Frozen butterbeer totally beats the regular one. I actually liked the pumpkin juice better. If you’re going anytime soon, be prepared to spend serious money and stand in lines. Even with just vacation package and resort people, it was crowded. And HOT as Hades. And I’m from Miami, so that’s saying something. Oh, and HP fans are the nicest in the world!

Posted by Tyqwando416 on June 05, 2010, 01:11 AM report to moderator

I really want to go! So cool!

Posted by hp's dead account on June 06, 2010, 05:00 PM report to moderator