Emma Watson on College in New Issue of Vanity Fair, Behind the Scenes Video

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 05, 2010, 02:16 PM

The June 2010 issue of Vanity Fair magazine has a short piece on Emma Watson, in which the Hermione Granger actress discusses walking into American college life as a freshman at university, as well as her feelings first being cast in the films.  Speaking to her first impression of her freshman year at school, Miss Watson relates:

"It was just awful," she recalls thinking at first, during freshman week. "I was like, I must be mad. Why am I doing this?” And what was with all the party-hearty stuff? She nervously attended her first frat party, hoping she might get into the swing of things. “I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, Wow, they really do drink from these."
The young actress goes on to note in the article that, as time went on, she became fully acclimated to the new environment, and was able to attain her goal of having a normal college life.

A behind the scenes video of an accompanying photo shoot is also now online, and can be viewed right here in our Video Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

For_your_consideration_thumb

she is such a great role model :)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on May 06, 2010, 12:55 PM report to moderator

I’m so happy for her, but I have to say I’m really dissappointed with Comcast.net. On their homepage, in the list of videos, it says, “Emma Watson: College is Awful.” Seriously? Doesn’t it say in the interview that she had trouble adjusting but she’s never been happier…?
I just hate how the media just twists everything celebrities say.

Posted by paveddriveway on May 06, 2010, 01:22 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

I would like to know what classes she is taking. She is going to have to study as if she was hermione between the interuptions of fans and all the homework. Good Luck and please keep us updated Love ya

Posted by Roseann on May 06, 2010, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Normal_knitted_dobbysocks_prokyon_thumb

my goodness she’s beautiful.

Posted by pottersocks on May 06, 2010, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

So those parties we see in films are real…?! O.o Thank God we don’t have them here. Anyway best of luck to Emma!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on May 06, 2010, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Debon1_thumb

I feel bad for her

Posted by Rebeka Potter <3 on May 06, 2010, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

haha- it took me a while to get acclimated to college life too. And I wasn’t in the Harry Potter movies!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on May 06, 2010, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Img_7836_thumb

Emma looks soo bored in that video. She’s done way too many photoshoots at this point. xD

Posted by kira902k on May 06, 2010, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Oh my, she thinks that she is the worst person in her acting class. She must have some very talented classmates. I wonder what it must be like to have Emma Watson as a student in one’s acting class!

Posted by sgreeter8888 on May 06, 2010, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-movie-poster_thumb
1990 Points

OMG i’m so embarrassed for us! I hate that us americans act just like we do in the movies.

Posted by Bailee Shea on May 06, 2010, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Th_rwb-hp-5_thumb

so stinking gorgeous -as usually!! :O but the “red cups” thing so made my day! laughs xD :)

Posted by brave@heart on May 06, 2010, 10:59 PM report to moderator
Golden_snitch_thumb

hopefully, she’s not “fully acclimated to the new environment”… not too nice stories would be popping up everywhere. So she’s either good at hiding it or not participating, which I would say kudos to if it’s the later!

Posted by SigmaKnight on May 07, 2010, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Rose1_thumb

She’s so amazing! I’d be greatful if I had a life as her…

Posted by Liara on May 07, 2010, 06:52 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

thats great emma! Good that you took up education seriously along with acting. All the best and have fun! :)

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on May 07, 2010, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

i’m glad to hear that emma is adjusting to american college life ;)

Posted by harrygetsme on May 07, 2010, 03:50 PM report to moderator

"We were all in the D.A. together," said Neville quietly. "It was all supposed to be about fighting You-Know-Who, wasn't it? And this is the first chance we've had to do something real -- or was that all just a game or something?"