Emma Watson on College in New Issue of Vanity Fair, Behind the Scenes Video

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 05, 2010, 02:16 PM

The June 2010 issue of Vanity Fair magazine has a short piece on Emma Watson, in which the Hermione Granger actress discusses walking into American college life as a freshman at university, as well as her feelings first being cast in the films.  Speaking to her first impression of her freshman year at school, Miss Watson relates:

"It was just awful," she recalls thinking at first, during freshman week. "I was like, I must be mad. Why am I doing this?” And what was with all the party-hearty stuff? She nervously attended her first frat party, hoping she might get into the swing of things. “I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, Wow, they really do drink from these."
The young actress goes on to note in the article that, as time went on, she became fully acclimated to the new environment, and was able to attain her goal of having a normal college life.

A behind the scenes video of an accompanying photo shoot is also now online, and can be viewed right here in our Video Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Choco_dementor_thumb

Haha, "they really do drink from these’ XD Good for Emma :)

Posted by The Half-Blood Lauma' on May 05, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

She looks GORGEOUS!!! I can’t wait to read the article! I love what she says about her relationship with Dan and Rupert. It’s so sweet. And Christopher Bailey (the guy she went to the Met Ball with and the creative director of Burberry) said some really nice things about her. Emma is just an amazing person!

Posted by cghambright on May 05, 2010, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

It must be creepy meeting people that don’t act like you and do things different from you. I’m glad Emma adjusted though.

Jamie_thumb

Yup, those movies are true :P

Posted by Heiress of Slytherin (^HISS^) on May 05, 2010, 07:53 PM report to moderator

Such a neat small look into what she has been up to, and how things are going in college. She’s such a WONDERFUL role model for our girls, any age, every age. Her humility, poise, style, work ethic, and charm… all are great traits that we can look up to. And best of luck Emma, as you continue with your education and work life. YOU ARE BRILLIANT.

Posted by emdash84 on May 05, 2010, 08:27 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

LOL i love her description about college…i’ve been way to long in college.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 05, 2010, 08:29 PM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

Wow. Emma. your really pretty and very cool to your dress, It’s really cool. I love it. Congratulations anyway. :)) and keep up the good work.

Posted by blessi on May 05, 2010, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

nice impression! hahaha but it is so true!!!!! im glad she liked it after a while!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 05, 2010, 09:58 PM report to moderator

I really enjoyed the video! You are and will always be a classic Emma…I’ll say it again and I will not stop saying how proud I am of you:) good luck in your freshmen year

Posted by DDWatson on May 05, 2010, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

Nice one, Emma!

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on May 05, 2010, 10:09 PM report to moderator

Quoting ledlieu:
“good on her to get her education even tho she wont have to work a day in her life if she doesn’t want to. True to Hermione!”

She’s in college, not trade school. I pity you if you don’t know the difference.

Posted by RRR on May 06, 2010, 12:00 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_books_thumb

LOL first off. I’m glad she’s adjusted.

Posted by Anna Weasley on May 06, 2010, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

Emma is really brave.

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on May 06, 2010, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

Holy Cow!, I didn’t know that Emma was in College! I think that its great that she wants to have a normal life. Its unfair to take that from someone. If she wants to be normal she can have it as far as I’m concerned, I don’t know if her normal friends will treat her normal because she is a major actress in The Harry Potter Series.

Posted by baileyboo431 on May 06, 2010, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Such a beautful dress. As always Emma has a wonderful fashion sense. I’m happy to hear she’s enoying Brown and getting well adjusted to being normal.

Posted by LunaLuver on May 06, 2010, 02:38 AM report to moderator

"Training for the ballet, Potter?" yelled Malfoy as Harry was forced to do a stupid kind of twirl in midair to dodge the Bludger...