Emma Watson on College in New Issue of Vanity Fair, Behind the Scenes Video

Watson Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 05, 2010, 02:16 PM

The June 2010 issue of Vanity Fair magazine has a short piece on Emma Watson, in which the Hermione Granger actress discusses walking into American college life as a freshman at university, as well as her feelings first being cast in the films.  Speaking to her first impression of her freshman year at school, Miss Watson relates:

"It was just awful," she recalls thinking at first, during freshman week. "I was like, I must be mad. Why am I doing this?” And what was with all the party-hearty stuff? She nervously attended her first frat party, hoping she might get into the swing of things. “I felt like I'd walked into an American teen movie. I picked up the red cups. I was like, Wow, they really do drink from these."
The young actress goes on to note in the article that, as time went on, she became fully acclimated to the new environment, and was able to attain her goal of having a normal college life.

A behind the scenes video of an accompanying photo shoot is also now online, and can be viewed right here in our Video Galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Panda_thumb

1st! :D

Great for Emma!

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on May 05, 2010, 03:00 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

ahahaha red cups! yep. go emma for being so brave and going to college! :) if i was famous and rich that would be really really tough, i cant even imagine. :/ and she lives with a room mate! that would be so weird, “hi, im emma watson. i go to fabulous parties all the time and wear gahzillion dollar dresses but now i want to be a college student, whats your name?” awwwkward. :/ i bet her room mate was super shocked.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on May 05, 2010, 03:15 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

lovely video as well. :) so much stuff has to happen before they take one photo, wow! :O

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on May 05, 2010, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Yeah…. Unis are kind of weird =P

Dhcalendar_thumb

She looks so pretty, in the video she looks exhausted though, I can tell she’s really busy.

Posted by Brianna on May 05, 2010, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

A good and professional shoot – I just wish we could hear what was being said in the video.. the directions of the photographer, the ideas, commenting on the outcome and such..

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on May 05, 2010, 03:48 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

good for emma

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on May 05, 2010, 03:58 PM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

Go Emma! It is so inspiring that she went through with the whole thing! The red cups thing was funny :) She totally makes we want to go to Brown. Too bad I would be a Freshie the year after she graduates, though.

Posted by Potter_Puella on May 05, 2010, 04:17 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I want that dress!! I loved uni, but I wouldn’t have done it if was her, would have drove me insane being famous and feeling self concious, fairplay!

Posted by KiwiMcI on May 05, 2010, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I am glad she adjusted!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 05, 2010, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

hahaha i love that pink outfit she wore! i’d wear it with black leggings tho… :) haha i love how she’s reading a book:)

Posted by ProfessorAlice on May 05, 2010, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Image

good for her

Posted by magicmaniac on May 05, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

Great dress!! But…hmm… i like her taste in dresses but in men…no! Her new boyfriend is just a little better-looking than the previous one…(for which i couldn’t believe my eyes)

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on May 05, 2010, 06:03 PM report to moderator

good on her to get her education even tho she wont have to work a day in her life if she doesn’t want to. True to Hermione!

Posted by ledieu on May 05, 2010, 06:28 PM report to moderator

Natalia if you are talking about the guy from the Met Gal the other night he was not her boyfriend he was the dress designer.
Emma is such a classic beauty she looked like old Hollywood in the hat. Really how many people can pull that look off.
I felt the same way my fist week of college I almost went home. I stayed and it was the best experience and I don’t mean the parties just the experience as a whole.

Posted by mlc on May 05, 2010, 06:32 PM report to moderator

Harry had never believed he would meet a boy he hated more than Dudley, but that was before he met Draco Malfoy.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014