Parade Magazine Profile of Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Forbidden Journey Ride

Fan Events
Posted by: Edward
May 28, 2010, 04:38 PM

Parade Magazine has an exclusive profile along with a new video online from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando.  Available to read right here, the report details much of the history of the development of the sprawling attraction, as well as the many layered details as experienced from inside the attraction.  The full report details the full experience of the Forbidden Journey ride at the park, with many details of the setting, premise, and story line of the experience.

In regards to the overall experience of the Wizarding World, Parade notes:
So they asked themselves the question: What makes a killer attraction? The answer: great characters, spectacular action, and magical moments. They assessed all of their Potter fodder through this lens, so soaring alongside Harry while playing Quidditch, the game played on broomsticks, was a must. So was a visit to the scary Forbidden Forest.
After choosing their key scenes, Universal Creative’s team—which included Steve Kloves, the films’ screenwriter—drew hundreds of storyboards covering every detail of the Forbidden Journey. They next built a “white model,” a mini Styrofoam-like set that lets creators manipulate a ride as easily as kids playing with LEGOs. Located in a back-lot studio at Universal Orlando, the white model is set on waist-high platforms with a path cut in the base—big enough for designers to poke their heads through and inch along. “This gives you the best sense of what it’s like to be in the ride before it’s made,” says Mark Woodbury, president of Universal Creative. The ride was then simulated in a computer program and fine-tuned. Construction began in late 2007 and will continue right through the opening of The Wizarding World next month.
A video walkthrough of the park can be found via this link, or below:

On a related note, Parade.com also has its Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz online, which asks questions on three different levels, based on knowledge and ability.  This quiz may be taken via this link.

Many thanks to Parade Magazine!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Bneerhsg_thumb

thats cool cant wait!!! <3
1st!

Posted by AlecsWeasley on May 28, 2010, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

That is really awesome!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 28, 2010, 05:16 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

omg> got goose bumps wachin this.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on May 28, 2010, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesomeness!!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on May 28, 2010, 05:29 PM report to moderator

Amazing!!!!

Posted by 9em on May 28, 2010, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That looks amazing! I can’t wait till it actually opens!!!!

Raven_avatar_thumb

I will be there next month…

Posted by Won_Two on May 28, 2010, 07:36 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

I was there this morning and have tried twice to email Leaky like you requested, once through the link in the article – and apparently that email is not working. Is there a way I can get this message through? I have a funny picture I want to share!

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on May 28, 2010, 07:39 PM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

Oh I should clarify – I was not IN Hogsmeade, just wanting to get in lol!

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on May 28, 2010, 07:40 PM report to moderator
Hiddenavvy_thumb

So, is the Forbidden Journey ride a roller coaster?… I’m kind of terrified of them, but I’d really like to see what it’s about.

Posted by wordsthatrhyme on May 28, 2010, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

I think my heart just stopped. O.O

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on May 28, 2010, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Sweet! I can’t wait to walk around pretending to be a hogwarts student.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 28, 2010, 10:14 PM report to moderator

Going soon, very soon!!!!

Posted by hewy on May 29, 2010, 07:52 PM report to moderator
092410-hpdh29_thumb

I want to go to it but is so far away from the Netherlands :(

Posted by Glacius on May 30, 2010, 08:35 AM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

Wordsthatrhyme, I’ve heard that the Forbidden Journey is not really a roller coaster, and it kept stalling. Yeah, the dragon ride sounds much more terrifying, and John Noe kept saying last night on Pottercast to NOT drink butterbeer before getting on it! :D

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on May 30, 2010, 09:30 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Ah! Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans! I was unfortunate enough in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one, and since then I'm afraid I've rather lost my liking for them -- but I think I'll be safe with a nice toffee, don't you?" He smiled and popped