Report: Actress Ninette Finch Cast as Augusta Longbottom

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
May 26, 2010, 08:41 PM

There is a report online via SnitchSeeker noting that actress Ninette Finch has been cast as Neville's grandmother, Augusta Longbottom, in the forthcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" film.  Mrs. Finch is quoted as saying:

Yes I am playing Augusta Longbottom although it is not a very big part... I have also played a couple of witches and was one of the people on the Millennium bridge when it was under attack.
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" is set for release this November, while "Deathly Hallows: Part II: will arrive in theaters July of 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Epjpegutil31_thumb

Augusta will be a great character. I hope Ninette has a ball playing this doughty witch!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on May 27, 2010, 03:03 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

oh cool

Posted by LilLadySnape on May 27, 2010, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Oh yeah, Siena, Judi Densch would have been perfect as the formidable (NOT ‘mean’, cminmd, ‘formidable’ – there’s a difference; over critical, yes – mean, no) Madame Longbottom. I’m sure Ms. Finch will do a wonderful job, though. I just loved that bit in the RoR when Madame Longbottom goes off proudly to join Neville in the fighting.

Posted by DeliaDee on May 27, 2010, 03:45 PM report to moderator

How wonderful that Neville’s Gram is going to be in at last! This should be just wonderful, she will be great!!!

Posted by hewy on May 27, 2010, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I am sure she will be awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 27, 2010, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am eager to see how she does in this role!

Posted by Kirk on May 27, 2010, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Augusta Longbottom, you rock :D

Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

How exciting! Can’t wait to see her- I’m sure she’ll be great :)

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on May 27, 2010, 08:23 PM report to moderator
Herbdcdr_thumb

I always pictured Patricia Routledge from Keeping Up Appearances as Mrs. Longbottom (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098837/)…I thought she’d be a scream as her, but I’m sure Ms. Finch will be wonderful also!

Posted by SproutMdme (OoM4,GS,CW) on May 27, 2010, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How lovely…

Posted by Won_Two on May 28, 2010, 02:30 PM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

Nice, haha :)) see you soon.

Posted by blessi on May 28, 2010, 07:02 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

yah! for a new character and i always wondering what she would look like.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 28, 2010, 09:48 PM report to moderator
Picasion
1919 Points

aww yay I’m excited to see Neville’s Gran!

Posted by JackMeggers on May 30, 2010, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

can’t wait to see her in DH! She is cute! looking forward to seeing her in that hat!

Posted by KC Nox on June 10, 2010, 11:51 PM report to moderator

"Potter, what is this supposed to be?"[br]The Slytherins at the front of the class all looked up eagerly; they loved hearing Snape taunt Harry.[br]"The Draught of Peace," said Harry tensely.[br]"Tell me, Potter," said Snape softly, "can you read?"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014