First Photos of Adult Ron Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy, and More Online (Updated)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
May 26, 2010, 02:05 PM

As a follow up to our previous report, new images of the Harry Potter cast filming the much anticipated Epilogue sequence at Kings Cross station are now online.  In this newest set, we get our very first glimpse at actor Rupert Grint as his character, Ron Weasley, nineteen years later.  This full HQ image can be viewed right here in our Image Galleries.  We expect more photos to come online in the coming days, and if you are able to capture any images from the filming, please do email us at staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Update: Twitter user QueenSarcasm, the source of the original Adult Ron Weasley image, has posted a number of additional images from the filming which can also now be found in our Galleries here.  Also, courtesy of TLC reader TinyDancer, we get a first look at adult Draco Malfoy with his son Scorpius

Many thanks to RupertGrint.us.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

London_thumb

OH MY GOD!! He looks so much older.wow

Posted by MillieRose on May 27, 2010, 10:59 AM report to moderator

Are the actors (dan, rupert, emma, etc) playing the older versions of themselves with the use of makeup or are they hiring new actors to play them as adults.

Posted by ashowers36 on May 27, 2010, 11:42 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I am enjoying these epilogue pictures SO much!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on May 27, 2010, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Bneerhsg_thumb

that looks exactly like himmm!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by AlecsWeasley on May 27, 2010, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Hbpposter_harryandginny_thumb

Honestly I feel slightly offended by how much they have aged the actors. I’m not far from the age that they are supposed to be portraying (I.E. 36-37) and I don’t think I look THAT OLD! My husband is 36 and he certainly doesn’t look that old either. Hopefully the make up is an exaggeration that will be tidied up by computer graphics before it makes it to the screen…

Posted by kleigh629 on May 27, 2010, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Hbpposter_harryandginny_thumb

There is a picture somewhere online of the child who is playing Hugo…and from what I saw he could be a MINI Rupert. He looks almost exactly like Rupert Grint did at age 11. Kudos to the casting crew for that!

Posted by kleigh629 on May 27, 2010, 01:49 PM report to moderator

Saw the picture of Hugo on Mugglenet and you are right he does look just like Rupert! Hopefully the film version of these pics will look alot better. We must remember that this is stage makeup. Can not wait for the films!

Posted by hewy on May 27, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

These pictures are so cool!!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on May 27, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

So far the look is nice I think… I’m excited to see Emma all aged for Hermione!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on May 27, 2010, 02:10 PM report to moderator

I have to say that you are all exaggerating by saying they look closer to 60s than 30s. And comparing their looks to George Clooney, Hugh Grant etc is just silly. Those actors have so obviously had plastic surgery, as have a lot of those types of actors, who rely so much on their looks (as in American film and tv in general it seems).

These films are set in the UK where the average person (non actor) does not do any kind of plastic surgery, not even botox! Blimey, we Brits must look really ancient to you when you come over here.

They look possibly a little older than 37 but not as much as you are all saying. More like early 40s. And they need to be more made-up for filming.

Ron looks like he’s over-indulged, but that fits with his character. Harry looks like he’s losing his hair but that is perfectly normal for even 30-somethings. And I know people who have developed wrinkles by their mid-30s. It depends on your skin-type and also your lifestyle and how much time you spend in the sun etc.

Posted by anne1 on May 27, 2010, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I don’t know who did the make-up but Harry and Ron are only supposed to be 36 not 56. What gives? By the way, YodatheHobbit, I’m 43 and I weigh less now than I did at 33 and I don’t live the on-the-go life of an auror. There are older people who are overweight but, just in case you haven’t looked about yourself at the general population of our lazy, consumer society lately, there are an awful lot of people of ALL AGES who are overweight. Think before you speak next time.

Posted by DeliaDee on May 27, 2010, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Stag_1__thumb

This summer i will read the DH for the 7th time. Just because i love the book, and i can omly imagine how many times i will see both movies. 12:00 feature on both i think. The end should be funny to see with the aging of our beloved cast. Here’s hoping J.K. will have a change of heart and pick the story up at some point. One can only wish. Long live HP :)

Posted by doublecore on May 27, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Dress_thumb

Awesome pictures.

Posted by cluna123 on May 27, 2010, 06:22 PM report to moderator

I forgot about the grown up part! Can’t wait to see everyone else!

Posted by Silver Triffel on May 27, 2010, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

They do look a little old, but then again the actors for Harry’s parents looked too old to me too. (According to the books they were in their early 20s when they died.) The make-up is still impressive though :)

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on May 27, 2010, 08:10 PM report to moderator

"Mum, you've given me Ginny's new dress," said Ron, handing it out to her.[br]"Of course I haven't," said Mrs. Weasley. "That's for you. Dress robes."[br][i]"What?"[/i] said Ron, looking horror-struck.