Report: Emma Watson in Talks for Role in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"

Watson
Posted by: Edward
May 20, 2010, 04:47 PM

The slew Emma Watson news today continues, for Variety is reporting that the actress is in talks to appear in the forthcoming feature film "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," based off the bestselling novel by Stephen Chbosky.  Miss Watson, who portrays the character of Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films, is said to be in negotiations along with actor Logan Lerman ("Percy Jackson and the Olympians") for the "indie coming-of-age drama."  Readers will recall that Emma Watson has appeared in the UK television film "Ballet Shoes," as well as voiced a character in the animated feature "The Tale of Despereaux."

Until this news is confirmed by either the studio or Miss Watson's reps, this news falls strictly in the rumor category for now.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

Well if ever, Congratulation and Good Luck to her. and More Projects to come :)

Posted by blessi on May 22, 2010, 04:08 AM report to moderator

Well, I think someone already commented on this on here, but doesn’t “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” take place in America? If so, Emma would have to speak with an American accent, right? We’ll see if she can pull it off. Robert Pattinson does a pretty good job for the Twilight movies, and I feel British actors in general have an easier time adopting an American accent than vice-versa.

Posted by critterfur on May 22, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Emma-w-emma-watson-8833950-100-100_thumb

Glad that she is going to pursue an acting career as she is certainly a very talented actress. :)

Posted by cOoLiO_bEans1494 on May 22, 2010, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_books_thumb

I wonder what part, if this is rue, she would play. Most likely the main character’s love interest? What was her name…Pat?

Posted by Anna Weasley on May 22, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

that.. would… be …amamzing!! my 2 obsessions coming together in one movie?!?!?

Edith___thumb

hey anyone read it?

Blank_4_u_thumb

I hope she gets the part as well, like all the others! She is a wonderful actress, and Hermione’s my favourite character.

Posted by Lizeth on May 22, 2010, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Draco_icon_4

If it is true i would hope she it’s the role of the sister. I just don’t think she would be right as ‘Sam’. The same goes for Logan Lerman he would be a better fit for the brother than for charlie. At least that is my opinion. None the less Perks of being a wallflower is my FAVORITE book.

Posted by hay413 on May 23, 2010, 08:39 AM report to moderator

Cool! I’ll look forward to seeing it! It’s a cute book!

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on May 23, 2010, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

Awesome!!!

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on May 23, 2010, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Img_2115picnic_thumb

Hmm, cool! That was a weird but good book. And both Emma and Logan are such good actors, they deserve some good roles!

Posted by phoenixortheflame on May 23, 2010, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

So cool! How AWESOME is this news??? I would LOVE to see these two in a movie together. I’m assuming Emma would play Sam, which is a completely different character from the ones she usually plays. It will be really nice to see her get to show off her range. Emma is one of the rare actresses who can play anything: drama, comedy, romance, horror, etc. She’s very talented.
I also love Logan Lerman and of course, John Malkovich. I really really hope this news is true!

Posted by cghambright on May 24, 2010, 01:18 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I know she will be brilliant! Hope it works out! :o)

R3_thumb

I’m currently reading the book..it’s really good. I hope she gets the part.

Posted by moondragon15(ROAR) on May 24, 2010, 07:14 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

cool for emma!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on May 24, 2010, 11:17 AM report to moderator

"My wand's feather came from Fawkes?" Harry said, amazed.[br]"Yes," said Dumbledore. "Mr. Ollivander wrote to tell me you had bought the second wand, the moment you left his shop four years ago."