Details from Private Preview of Wizarding World Theme Park Online (Updated)

Fans
Posted by: Edward
May 17, 2010, 10:32 PM

This evening, the attendees of the Orlando International Pow Wow 2010 were able to get a sneak peek at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resort.  InsidetheMagic was able to attain information from the private event for travel and media professionals and has posted a series of photos, along with new bits of information from the attendees on the ground.  Among the new tidbits, InsidetheMagic notes:

• Hogsmeade Village store fronts contain interactive elements that include the Quick Quotes Quill and plants that spring to life as you pass by.
  • The Ollivander’s Wand Shop experience seems to embody the concept of the wand “choosing” you. Guests work with a “shop owner” to determine which magic wand is the best fit. Guests try to cast spells that include levitating flowers or moving a ladder. If the wand is not a correct fit, special music and lighting makes it clear. A gust of air confirms a right choice.
  • At the Owlry, four different of Harry Potter postmarks are available to choose from.
  • You enter Dragon Challenge (former Dueling Dragons) through the Champion’s tent and you catch a glimpse of the Triwizard Tournament Cup and the golden eggs from the dragon challenge. Shadows of fighting dragons are seen in the tent above the loading area.
  • Street performers include girls from the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic performing a ribbon dance and guys from the Durmstrang Institute wielding staffs. The Hogwarts frog choir is comprised of live singers with puppets who sing the “Something Wicked This Way Comes” song heard on the third Harry Potter film.
  • At the Flight of the Hippogriff attraction, guests have encounters in some form with Hagrid, Fang, and Buckbeak. Before riding, you bow to a full-size moving Hippogriff.
  • Apparel available for purchase includes an “I served time in Azkaban” T-shirt.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is set to have its grand opening on June 18.

Update: InsidetheMagic also let us know of a photo of the safety sign from the entrance of the Forbidden Journey attraction.  The sign, which can be seen right here, describes cautions relating to the "dynamic acrobatics" of the ride.

Many thanks to InsidetheMagic

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Dhsmall_thumb

I hope I can get there this year :(

Posted by akcorr on May 19, 2010, 09:37 AM report to moderator

I hope the Muggles that work there do something awesome for September 1!! I ’ll most likely go in winter of either this year or next year

Posted by OddRavenclaw222~WBM~ on May 19, 2010, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I really want to go and see this! I am not good on rollercoasters, but for the Duelling Dragons, I will make an exception! Ollivanders sounds like fun, and I will definitely need the ATM at Gringott’s for all the wonderful items on sale.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on May 19, 2010, 01:09 PM report to moderator

This makes waiting for Sept sooooooo difficult! The pictures were amazing and one would hope no one gets into trouble for them. The one of Hogwarts Castle through the trees is amazing. I am so looking forward to this experience!!!!!!

Posted by hewy on May 19, 2010, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Rob2_thumb

WOW It was amazing! The Butterbeer and pumpkin juice is so good!! Going through the castle was the best part, even if I didn’t get on the Forbidden Journey

Posted by HermyGrnger on May 19, 2010, 01:37 PM report to moderator

“I served time in Azkaban” What a shirt!

Posted by ledieu on May 19, 2010, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

This is soo awsome! I love hearing more about it.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 19, 2010, 03:33 PM report to moderator

I’m going next weekend! My friends and I bought the vacation package. I can’t wait!!!

Posted by Tyqwando416 on May 19, 2010, 04:38 PM report to moderator

Reserved a place to stay but can’t go. If anyone can use it, IM me.

Posted by susb8383 on May 19, 2010, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Image

sweet

Posted by magicmaniac on May 19, 2010, 08:31 PM report to moderator
Dsc01254_thumb

This is where I am celebrating my 25th birthday this year ! Super Stoked !

Posted by HPIsLegit on May 19, 2010, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lsmfflgdix1r2dfmyo4_500_thumb

i wish i could go T.T

Posted by ceweez on May 20, 2010, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait to visit this park for myself, whenever that does happen! In the meanwhile, I hope everyone else enjoys it! Universal Studios certainly seems to have succeeded in replicating the Potterverse in a manner that will satisfy all fans.

Posted by Kirk on May 20, 2010, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Slime-optomised_thumb

This will be awesome. Still, I won’t be able to see it until Leakycon 2011, so I want a lot of pictures etc.

I still want a cauldron cake.

My brother wants me to bring him back one of everything and I’m like “I won’t be allowed out of the country!”

That seems very interesting about the wand choosing the wixard stuff, if done right it should be awesome.

I’m looking forward to this soooo much it’s unreal!

Posted by clawtooth35 on May 21, 2010, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I liked the sign totaly something umbridge would say.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 21, 2010, 09:48 PM report to moderator

"You can't have met many decent wizards," said Harry, trying to cheer him up.[br]Dobby shook his head. Then, without warning, he leapt up and started banging his head furiously on the window, shouting, [i]"Bad[/i] Dobby! [i]Bad[/i] Dobby!"