Details from Private Preview of Wizarding World Theme Park Online (Updated)
May 17, 2010, 10:32 PM
This evening, the attendees of the Orlando International Pow Wow 2010 were able to get a sneak peek at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resort. InsidetheMagic was able to attain information from the private event for travel and media professionals and has posted a series of photos, along with new bits of information from the attendees on the ground. Among the new tidbits, InsidetheMagic notes:
- Hogsmeade Village store fronts contain interactive elements that include the Quick Quotes Quill and plants that spring to life as you pass by.
- The Ollivander’s Wand Shop experience seems to embody the concept of the wand “choosing” you. Guests work with a “shop owner” to determine which magic wand is the best fit. Guests try to cast spells that include levitating flowers or moving a ladder. If the wand is not a correct fit, special music and lighting makes it clear. A gust of air confirms a right choice.
- At the Owlry, four different of Harry Potter postmarks are available to choose from.
- You enter Dragon Challenge (former Dueling Dragons) through the Champion’s tent and you catch a glimpse of the Triwizard Tournament Cup and the golden eggs from the dragon challenge. Shadows of fighting dragons are seen in the tent above the loading area.
- Street performers include girls from the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic performing a ribbon dance and guys from the Durmstrang Institute wielding staffs. The Hogwarts frog choir is comprised of live singers with puppets who sing the “Something Wicked This Way Comes” song heard on the third Harry Potter film.
- At the Flight of the Hippogriff attraction, guests have encounters in some form with Hagrid, Fang, and Buckbeak. Before riding, you bow to a full-size moving Hippogriff.
- Apparel available for purchase includes an “I served time in Azkaban” T-shirt.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is set to have its grand opening on June 18.
: InsidetheMagic also let us know of a photo of the safety sign from the entrance of the Forbidden Journey attraction. The sign, which can be seen right here
, describes cautions relating to the "dynamic acrobatics" of the ride.
Many thanks to InsidetheMagic
I hope I can get there this year :(
I hope the Muggles that work there do something awesome for September 1!! I ’ll most likely go in winter of either this year or next year
I really want to go and see this! I am not good on rollercoasters, but for the Duelling Dragons, I will make an exception! Ollivanders sounds like fun, and I will definitely need the ATM at Gringott’s for all the wonderful items on sale.
This makes waiting for Sept sooooooo difficult! The pictures were amazing and one would hope no one gets into trouble for them. The one of Hogwarts Castle through the trees is amazing. I am so looking forward to this experience!!!!!!
WOW It was amazing! The Butterbeer and pumpkin juice is so good!! Going through the castle was the best part, even if I didn’t get on the Forbidden Journey
“I served time in Azkaban” What a shirt!
This is soo awsome! I love hearing more about it.
I’m going next weekend! My friends and I bought the vacation package. I can’t wait!!!
Reserved a place to stay but can’t go. If anyone can use it, IM me.
This is where I am celebrating my 25th birthday this year ! Super Stoked !
i wish i could go T.T
I cannot wait to visit this park for myself, whenever that does happen! In the meanwhile, I hope everyone else enjoys it! Universal Studios certainly seems to have succeeded in replicating the Potterverse in a manner that will satisfy all fans.
This will be awesome. Still, I won’t be able to see it until Leakycon 2011, so I want a lot of pictures etc.
I still want a cauldron cake.
My brother wants me to bring him back one of everything and I’m like “I won’t be allowed out of the country!”
That seems very interesting about the wand choosing the wixard stuff, if done right it should be awesome.
I’m looking forward to this soooo much it’s unreal!
I liked the sign totaly something umbridge would say.