Dan Radcliffe On Acting After Harry Potter

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 17, 2010, 09:19 PM

Dan Radcliffe is the subject of a new profile in the Metro in which the young Harry Potter actor discusses his hopes in becoming a "working actor" following production on the last installment of the Harry Potter films.  Having already completed his fair share of film and theater productions, Radcliffe relates that "It’s bizarre. Most working actors want to become stars. I sort of am a star because of Harry Potter."  He continues, saying:

"And I would love to become a working actor. I love auditioning. But, to be honest, I’m happy to ride this as long as it goes.  If it goes for two months after Potter, I’m happy. If it goes for six years, I’m happy."
With the final two installments of the last film slated for release this fall and next summer, readers will recall that Mr. Radcliffe will be returning to the Broadway stage in a revival of the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Avi_thumb

I’ll never see him as anybody but HP. I’ve grown up knowing him as that. Same goes for rupert, emma, tom, evanna and bonnie.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on May 19, 2010, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I look forward to seeing how he advances with his career!

Posted by Kirk on May 20, 2010, 07:04 PM report to moderator

Dan will succeed because he has the humility to know that stardom and HP alone will not guarantee success in the future. He’s already shown in his accent and voice training work for DB and Equus and his training for H2S that he’s prepared to work to develop new skills. And he’s keen to branch out beyond his comfort zone. Wish I had half his energy and enthusiasm!

Posted by anne1 on May 21, 2010, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Emma-w-emma-watson-8833950-100-100_thumb

He has great potential. I really think he can become his own person as I am sure that mayn people will categorise him now and call his that Harry Potter actor but I am sure he will certainly surprise us. I wish him luck.

Posted by cOoLiO_bEans1494 on May 22, 2010, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

oh..everybody here on leaky cauldron knows that harry was a very good harry..thats good for you idol daniel….and i think you will have a fine acting career in the future..

Posted by tjerriam on May 23, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Img_2115picnic_thumb

He better go far in acting, cause amazing is the first word that comes to mind when I have to describe his acting skills.

Posted by phoenixortheflame on May 23, 2010, 09:01 PM report to moderator
Picasion
1919 Points

i look forward to watching them all grow as actors

Posted by JackMeggers on May 30, 2010, 04:43 PM report to moderator

Voldemort moved slowly forward and turned to face Harry. He raised his wand.[br][i]"Crucio!"[/i][br]It was pain beyond anything Harry had ever experienced; his very bones were on fire; his head was surely splitting along his scar; his eyes were rolling ma