Dan Radcliffe On Acting After Harry Potter

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 17, 2010, 09:19 PM

Dan Radcliffe is the subject of a new profile in the Metro in which the young Harry Potter actor discusses his hopes in becoming a "working actor" following production on the last installment of the Harry Potter films.  Having already completed his fair share of film and theater productions, Radcliffe relates that "It’s bizarre. Most working actors want to become stars. I sort of am a star because of Harry Potter."  He continues, saying:

"And I would love to become a working actor. I love auditioning. But, to be honest, I’m happy to ride this as long as it goes.  If it goes for two months after Potter, I’m happy. If it goes for six years, I’m happy."
With the final two installments of the last film slated for release this fall and next summer, readers will recall that Mr. Radcliffe will be returning to the Broadway stage in a revival of the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Wand_thumb

I am sure he will do amazing in all his movies and shows! Good luck Dan!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 18, 2010, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Go for it, Dan. You can be a great actor!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on May 18, 2010, 04:11 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

Awww love him!!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on May 18, 2010, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That’s the spririt! Show them what you’re really made of!

I hope he have waaaaaay more than 2 months let alone 6 years ahead of you! I mean, He is such a great actor!!!! GO DAN!!!

Posted by WhyAllTheGlitter™ on May 18, 2010, 05:33 PM report to moderator
36051_169251979755516_114302268583821_590721_1732889_n_small_thumb

Great job Dan

Posted by Sarah10248 *ROAR* on May 18, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

Why must he be so awesome? Every time I think he’s hit the peak of awesomeness, he just gets cooler. I can’t wait for H2$! I’m going to try to get tickets for opening night. I don’t care how expensive they are.

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on May 18, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb_thumb

I am so happy for you I know you will d owell like akway.

Posted by Roseann on May 18, 2010, 10:08 PM report to moderator
Bneerhsg_thumb

goooooood luuuuuck!

Posted by AlecsWeasley on May 19, 2010, 01:30 AM report to moderator

Yay, that’s awesome! Can’t wait to see you act in other projects, Dan! :)

Posted by HogwartsHokage on May 19, 2010, 01:49 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

Well I was expecting none the less,Dan has turned into quite an actor, and I am sure he will do very well in what ever role he chooses to do!!! I will always look at him and remember him by his awesome role as Harry Potter, ALL HP Movies and Books will definately go down in History!!! as well as the Author JK Rowling who created the character of Harry Potter and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry to be shared all over the world!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on May 19, 2010, 07:35 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

good luck dan :)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on May 19, 2010, 12:19 PM report to moderator

What a modest young man he is! He will succeed at whatever he sets out to do. Would love to see him in the musical but alas only one trip out of state per year and this one is to Orlando and WWoHP.
Best of luck in all your future endevors Dan you are a credit to your craft!

Posted by hewy on May 19, 2010, 01:05 PM report to moderator

Good for him

Posted by Mew5645 on May 19, 2010, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Dan will do fine! As his fans we support him in all he does.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on May 19, 2010, 03:31 PM report to moderator

In the immediate aftermath of their departure there was a great wave of talk about copying them, so that Harry frequently heard students saying things like, "Honestly, some days I just feel like jumping on my broom and leaving this place," or else, "One m

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014