Dan Radcliffe On Acting After Harry Potter

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 17, 2010, 09:19 PM

Dan Radcliffe is the subject of a new profile in the Metro in which the young Harry Potter actor discusses his hopes in becoming a "working actor" following production on the last installment of the Harry Potter films.  Having already completed his fair share of film and theater productions, Radcliffe relates that "It’s bizarre. Most working actors want to become stars. I sort of am a star because of Harry Potter."  He continues, saying:

"And I would love to become a working actor. I love auditioning. But, to be honest, I’m happy to ride this as long as it goes.  If it goes for two months after Potter, I’m happy. If it goes for six years, I’m happy."
With the final two installments of the last film slated for release this fall and next summer, readers will recall that Mr. Radcliffe will be returning to the Broadway stage in a revival of the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Good for you Dan! you;ll be a great working actor and im sure your career will last you a life time!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 18, 2010, 06:42 AM report to moderator

It’s great to see that he’s so interested in acting and I’m positive he’ll act even more than 6 years after Harry Potter. :) It’s really great to read that he’s modest and that he’s not sure if he’s good or not. I think that attitude can only help him to be better and better in the future. :) And after getting so many great critics for Equus it’s obvious that only sky is the limit for him! :)

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on May 18, 2010, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

He is really going great guns..the broadway and now new movie ventures..hope he keeps doing well. I always believed him to be a great person and with what he said above shows how much down to earth he is!

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on May 18, 2010, 08:06 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Good for you!

Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Dan is a very committed person to his craft. He will go far with his talent. I can’t wait to see him again on stage…his performance in Equus was awesome! Keep doing good things Dan! We are very proud of you!

Posted by beewell on May 18, 2010, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

I think you’ve got more than six years dan. Love You

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on May 18, 2010, 10:39 AM report to moderator

love and adore you in harry potter. every success to you in your acting career. seeing you grow up was awesome, like seeing one’s own babe grow into an adult :-)

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on May 18, 2010, 11:17 AM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

The guy’s great, I’m sure he’ll be successful in whatever he does! Especially acting!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on May 18, 2010, 11:20 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

I think Dan has the most chance out of all the HP actors if doing well (no offence to the others). He is just a fantastic actor and he’s so commited. Keep it up Dan, love you!

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on May 18, 2010, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

“I sort of am a star because of Harry Potter.” LOL, yeah, he is “sort” of a star…It’s nice that he’s so down to earth. I think he has a brilliant career ahead of him. Good luck, Dan.

Posted by AvanelleWood on May 18, 2010, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Good luck Dan! :-)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on May 18, 2010, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Q94006713_thumb

Good luck, Dan. =D

Posted by Purple Lavenders *ROAR* on May 18, 2010, 12:48 PM report to moderator

Sounds like he’s pretty grounded about where he is and where he’s going, which is good. No doubt he will go far in his career, though I am glad he’s not in a hurry to shed his HP status!

Posted by Jillxoxo on May 18, 2010, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Go Dan!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on May 18, 2010, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I am sure he will do amazing in all his movies and shows! Good luck Dan!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on May 18, 2010, 04:02 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"He left her and returned to his Muggle parents before I was ever born, Potter, and she died giving birth to me, leaving me to be raised in a Muggle orphanage... but I vowed to find him... I revenged myself upon him, that fool who gave me his name... [i]T