Tom Felton On Aging for Epilogue Scene in "Deathly Hallows"

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Edward
May 13, 2010, 08:28 PM

MTV has released another interview with actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), in which the actor comments on the process the cast and crew and undertaking to age their characters for the much talked about Epilogue scene at the end of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."  In the interview, Mr. Felton says:

"For nearly two months, we've all been doing prosthetic tests and all sorts of preparation for the epilogue.  I've been having some aging training. You've got to walk differently. There's a slump in your walk."
He goes on to note that filming, which is set for June, will take about three days and "[it's] going to be the last big thing that we do. It's going to be on location."  The full interview can be read via this link.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" will be in theaters this November, while Part II will arrive next July.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

I am 4 years behind 36, and I don’t think I “slump” when I walk. Walk a bit slower, yes. But my posture is decent….

Posted by jimmalou78 on May 14, 2010, 01:54 AM report to moderator

Oh please, don’t take it so personally. They have to take these very young people and make them look like middle-aged parents. I daresay it’s going to take a bit of overcompensation to make it work, that’s all. A visible change in the way they hold themselves will help make them look older. It’s not like they’re going to show up on the platform on hoverrounds or something. sheesh.

Posted by silverglass19 on May 14, 2010, 02:15 AM report to moderator

You have to learn to walk differently at the age of 40 or so???!!!! If they are 18 at the end of Hallows, they will be 37 in 19 years…. I am 45 and don’t feel like i walk any differently that i did when i was 18. I’m about 20 lbs heavier, but jeez, i’m not a cripple! I hope they don’t overdo this aging thing. It’s 19 years later, not 50….
I always thought it odd that the Marauders should all die, and die before the age of 45 or thereabouts.

Posted by idrinktosnapesconfusion on May 14, 2010, 02:18 AM report to moderator
Platform_9_34_thumb

These young actors and old alike are working on so many different projects. I think it will do them some good to spread their acting wings and try new projects.

Posted by beallgood01 *WBM* on May 14, 2010, 03:28 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows_part_1_movie_poster_thumb

Wow! It’s interesting to see they play their own older character. Haha. I can’t wait to see the movie although it’s so sad that the whole series is going to the end.

Posted by RavenCha-Potter on May 14, 2010, 05:01 AM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

Oh it is really nearing the end now. If they release pictures from the epilogue I’m going to try and avoid them as I want my first impression to be in the cinema. I know that I’ll never stick to that and as soon as I see a picture I’ll just have to click on it but it is something to aim for anyway.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on May 14, 2010, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Boy, production is coming to an end quickly. But soon November will be here and we will get to see the masterpiece they call Deathly Hallows!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on May 14, 2010, 06:19 AM report to moderator

WOW… they’re filming the end. :*(
It’s almost over

Posted by Evagirl on May 14, 2010, 06:25 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Who is writing such nonsense? Walk with a slump? I am many years past 30 and I remember my 30’s and 40’s as the prime of life. Back straight, shoulders back, head up, walk with confidence and pride! Then again, I wasn’t on the loosing side of a war.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on May 14, 2010, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

I’m soo glad they decided to use the original actors for the epilogue scene instead of hiring other actors to portray them! Its got to be weird to see how you’re going to look in 25 years.

Posted by Slytherins do it better on May 14, 2010, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Commishfandg_thumb

The most difficult part of the book. And the last scene of the saga. So much pressure for them !!! I know I’ll be nervous in the theatre just before this scene !!!

Posted by WeasleyBoy on May 14, 2010, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Panda_thumb

I am so excited about this part of the film! I really wonder what Harry, Ron and Hermione will look like :) And the kids of course.

I want to wait to see this in the cinema though, so I’m going to TRY to restrain myself from any clips that are released. That way, the film will be the most exciting-from-start-to-finish film I’ll ever see!!

Posted by FilmGirl27 *Team Weasley!* (ROAR!!) on May 14, 2010, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

Hmmm…I’m in my early 40’s and as far as I’m aware, I’m not “slumping” when I walk. LOL. I’m really happy that they are getting the original actors to play in the epilogue. It would have been horrible to have had older actors portraying the trio and Draco.

Posted by AvanelleWood on May 14, 2010, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

I think people take it personally because we keep hearing about how they have to act so old when they’re only supposed to be about 37. I’m 44 and I slumped more when I was a teenager than I do now – that’s for sure. When you’re in your 30s and 40s with young kids, you’re always running around frantically trying to get everything done – you actually end up in tip top shape (and then most people, like me, start running or doing other exercise frantically so you have an excuse to get away from your children). I just don’t want them to over-do the age thing and for it to look cheesy. I want this to be great!

Posted by sueml on May 14, 2010, 12:30 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

At almost 33, I am sure I don’t walk with as much spring in my step as I did at 19, maybe something to do with 2 kids and a busy life :-) I am sure it will all be fine and I am sure the directors, producers, writers etc., realize what a 30-something person should act like! I can’t wait for the movies, they will be great!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on May 14, 2010, 12:40 PM report to moderator

But whether James really did take off Snape's pants, Harry never found out. A hand had closed tight over his upper arm, closed with a pincerlike grip. Wincing, Harry looked around to see who had hold of him, and saw, with a thrill of horror, a fully grow